1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Week 0 Honesty

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, Jul 21, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

i'll be honest even though i feel i've seen some progress i still seem to focus too much on my symptoms sometimes. lately it's been postural issues and tremors(these seem to be an even better distraction than pain).Honesty feels important to me because without honesty we cannot begin to find any truth to why we are in pain to begin with. Today i'm using my laptop to type this, before i used my ipone voice recognition to write out threads here. my hands are having trouble writing out correctly and properly so im doing it pretty slow. Not much pain involved in typing just crappy posture and fingers that don't want to communicate with me haha. Either way atleast i'm getting no pain out of writing this. Before i wouldn't even dream of typing on this thing because for some odd reason my brain has attributed pain to the laptop more than anything. I could type at work all day(would have pain but i could do it). But when i'd pick up the old laptop afew seconds in and my hands are sweating and i would be in pain from my hands up to my elbow(astonishing). I couldn't even write a paragraph(excuse my language) hell i couldn't type three sentences on this thing without pretty bad pain. Well i'm going to get back into trying to avoid concentrating on odd symptoms. It's not helping and it's only fueling my fear and hypochondria. Either way off to jog. P.S. i'm still getting swelling in my right hand and fingers i don't know why but we'll see how it goes. P.S.S. still no pain typing this

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi again, jwiles. It sounds like you're improving. Just try not to think of any pain when typing or anytime. Focus on what you want to type.
    Try to remember deep breathing while you type. I tend to breath shallow while typing. Deep breathing is profoundly calming, and that helps send oxygen to the brain and body. And take frequent breaks from typing. Get up and stretch and breathe deeply.

jwiles likes this.