1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Hi!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lisa, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Lisa

Lisa Peer Supporter

Came across Dr. Sarno and TMS 1 week ago. Read Healing Back Pain and have been researching vigorously

I totally accept TMS as my diagnosis (6 years ago I believed I’d slipped a disk and have had sporadic recurring back/sciatic pain ever since. Sciatica became chronic about 5 months ago)

I tick many TMS boxes and am feeling hopeful. I just don’t really know how/where to start. So this is my first step...

ssxl4000 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

You already started. The most important part is to digest the message that Sarno is teaching you. That book saved my life and has kept me pain free for 21 years.

Keep reading and studying. See where individual idea's in that book apply directly to you. Write notes about it.... do the 12 reminders in the book. don't get in conversations about the symptoms, or discs or 'medieval structural mythology' as Sarno Calls it. ( I love that phrase)

Your Hope is well justified. Keep going.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Peer Supporter

@Baseball65 thanks for taking the time to reply, your words mean a lot

I think this past week has been a mix of intrigue, shock, disbelief, realisation, acceptance etc. etc. Overload of information, overload of emotion, but good overloads. I feel the fog is starting to settle a little and I’m finally on my own journey now, here’s to Day 2

Your pain-free 21 years is so inspiring. Again, thank you

JanAtheCPA and Baseball65 like this.
  4. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Overload of information is a good way to describe it. It's a lot to take in at first. So much hope, anxiety, and a slew of other emotions! Don't worry if you have some ups and downs over the next few weeks, and don't worry if things don't play out like you hope. I think the healing process is not a straight line, and everybody has their own pace. Keep up the good work!

5. Lisa

Lisa Peer Supporter

@ssxl4000 thank you, it feels like a real ride doesn’t it. Yesterday (day 3) I had hardly any pain all day and I was working. Yep, it returned in the evening but these little pockets of hope are what will keep me going I think

Thank you for your supportive words, truly appreciated

ssxl4000 likes this.