1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Hi there

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by glennherriott, Feb 26, 2020.

1. glennherriott

glennherriott New Member

I've been having pain since December 2018 now, it flared up when I was bending over to write whilst at university.
    I believe the TMS diagnosis fits me well as I've been diagnosed with herniated and degenerated discs, but I know this doesn't necessarily lead to pain. I've had pain in my upper back, shoulders, neck and head.
    I have a habit of pushing myself the whole time, an obsessive personality, and I find it difficult to be happy - something I'm constantly striving for.
    I already feel a bit better now that I am disregarding the feelings of pain. I know there's nothing structurally wrong with me so I don't need to pay attention to the pain itself. instead I can question what is on my mind and what emotions shall I express
    Really looking forward to getting stuck into the program and look forward to recovering

Freesoul and ssxl4000 like this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

It sounds like you have a great mindset for the program, so I think you will find it very helpful. It's great when you can recognize a quick improvement from learning about TMS. I would advise that you write that and future good news (days you feel good, activities you do that you previously couldn't, etc.). Return to that list whenever a pain flares back up and gives you doubts. It's an excellent reminder that the pain is psychological, since structural pain is not so inconsistent. Good luck!

glennherriott likes this.