1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hi am new here. Lower back pain gone, but new pain in left leg!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Back-To-Golf, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Back-To-Golf

Back-To-Golf Peer Supporter

Hi Walt,
    good to hear that! Indeed, the more I learn about TMS and the more deep rooted my belief is, I find more things become clearer.
    All my questions that these millionaire doctors couldn't answer becomes clear!

These are questions I ask at least 5 doctors (who mumbled some mumbo jumbo technical terms without answering my questions):
    1. If the pain is caused by disc pinching against nerve, shouldn't I be in constant pain instead of having pain-free period of months/years in between?
    2. If the pain is trigger by disc pinching against nerve, how does doing physio and strengthening my core help since the disc is still herniated?
    3. If the pain is trigger by disc pinching against nerve, then shouldn't surgery guarantee success? Why is success rate so low?

2. nora1879

nora1879 Newcomer

3. nora1879

nora1879 Newcomer

As a new member who about one month ago was given a diagnosis of sciatica, like you, I too suspect it might be a case of TMS. However, even though on an intellectual level I tend to agree with Dr. Sarno ( I have his books and DVD) I am seemingly unable to accept it on a deeper emotional level. At present I am about 1/3rd the way through a PT program and am reluctant to stop it. With me, I am pain free when driving and sitting, but both standing and walking really bothers me. It is, for sure, a huge challenge when one is in great pain to view it from a purely psychological place, but I also trust that in time I will be able to do so. With a whole lot of patience and self-compassion, I believe I will be able to let go of this pain soon. I wish the same for all who are in this painful place. Thank you.