1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hey I'm here once again

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lostboy, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Tms or something else

1. Tms

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Not tms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Hey guys.. Unfortunately I'm here with a new symptoms after curing my sciatica pain with tms theory... Soo it started when I lost my sister In November.. That was a shock to me because it happen all of sudden.. I was aware of her desease and I know the consequences but her sudden death is what I never thought about.. After her death.. There is soo much stress in home.. I was alone, no one to share my feeling with . I had to act strong in front of my parents.. After one month I started feeling pain in my middle finger of right hand.. After few days it got cured.. And few days back I started feeling fatigue, hand tingling, needles.. And now I have hand, finger, wrist, joint and muscle pain all over body with stiffness in my shoulder. The pain is not constant at one part.. It comes and go.. I think I have once again developed symptoms of tms.. Because I had that in past.. From my childhood my life is very hard.. From finactial problem to home violence.. I have seen a lot. I tried hard in study to get a better life.. But I got l4l5 disc pain (cured now) .. My love life also not been good.. Whom I liked I never had.. Whatever I desire, I don't get it.. I used to blame myself.. I am having low self esteem.. Soo guys what do you think??? .. Is this tms once again?? I think it's tms because it started after my sister sudden death... I need your opinions guys.. I know you guys are awesome people.. You will reply to me..

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

It doesn't matter what we think. It matters what YOU think. Go re-read your post and pretend it was someone else writing you a letter. What would you tell that person?

I had many of your same issues. I had a very violent past with a lot of death, homelessness and mental illness to boot. And I did have and do have TMS... I just don't have the symptoms anymore because I look at it fairly regularly.... not the symptoms.... the underlying 5 year old watching all of the shit happen.

Now I have no pain, no real problems and really good relationships with everybody... But I read and read and wrote and kicked and pissed and screamed a lot on the way here. This way of life does work... quite amazing really that such magic could come out of such a cesspool.... a lot like a Lotus.

Read Sarno. Do the SEP on the site here and magic things will happen for you too....

peace

plum, TG957, Jane.Fearless and 3 others like this.
  3. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Hey, thanks for your valuable suggestions..

I will definitely do that..thanks buddy.

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

That is the nature of TMS: unless underlying issues are resolved or you figured out a good way of coping with them, it will show up again, often under a new disguise. My TMS started with the middle finger on my left hand and ended up with neuropathic pain and more. Dealing with emotional problems is the only way out.

plum and Lostboy like this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@Lostboy, several years ago I suddenly lost my favorite brother to an undiagnosed heart valve condition (age 55). I was faced with a helpless sense of loss that just wouldn't go way. I was devastated and restless and unfocused and floundering and, above all, ruminating, over and over again, about losing him, and I'm sure I would have started having symptoms again at some point.

But one day I suddenly realized that I needed to give myself permission to acknowledge my rage at the unfairness of it. And to accept how angry I was that he had abandoned me, because I had assumed we would be growing old together.

The result was astonishing. Acknowledging and accepting the emotion of being abandoned was somehow freeing. It's hard to explain, but it's as if THAT is what finally truly explained my feelings of loss. And that the reason my brain had repressed it is because it seems like a very selfish emotion, and therefore unacceptable (after all, my brother had a wife who I assumed was suffering more than me).

But guess what - we are, at heart, selfish creatures - we have to be, in order to survive. I still miss my brother, and it was a long long time before I didn't think of him every day. But I was able to think of my loss separately from thinking about him and about all the years and all the good times we did have. And in acknowledging what is actually a fear of being isolated, I am forced to make other plans for growing old - more concrete ones that actually make sense. In other words, acknowledging what's really going on allows for constructive ways to cope.

You've got a lot to deal with, and I wish you all the best.

6. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Jan, thank you for sharing your story. It is painful and tragic, but at the same time very optimistic. We often can't change our circumstances, but we can put ourselves in control of our response and attitude towards them. Beling able to let go of our internal sorrows and get on with our lives means courage. There is great wisdom in this: "In other words, acknowledging what's really going on allows for constructive ways to cope."

Lostboy, JanAtheCPA and plum like this.