1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Here's to a life without TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mick72, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Mick72

Mick72 New Member

I’ve had chronic lower back pain for over 1 year now. Jack Hammering was my trigger in the back yard in Australia last September and my MRI showed a perfect back apart from a small herniation in the disc between L5 / S1. I’ve tried everything. physio, chiro, acupuncture, kinesiology, 2 different physical therapists, deep heat, stretching, TENS machine, traction table, daily painkillers etc. I then had 2 cortisone epidurals in 2 weeks and even consulted a surgeon but none of it worked until I discovered TMS and the work of Dr Sarno. No book healing for me unfortunately and I have the pain every day as opposed to random attacks. I have good days and bad days but am not letting it affect me and living as close to a normal life as I can. The story of Steve Ozanich brilliantly told in his book "The Great Pain Deception" keeps me going. There is absolutely nothing structurally wrong with my back and that’s all I need to know to get better.

Nissou and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome Mick72,

I am glad you found Dr. Sarno's work ---and including Steve Ozanich, and I am glad you are taking structured steps every day to support yourself. Most folks of course do need to go much more deeply than simply reading.

I had several surgeons prescribe operations, and was even scheduled for nerve surgery when I embraced Dr. Sarno's work. I went from crutches and wheel chair, and limping, and not one step without pain for several years to ski mountianeering. I got my life back. It still feels like a miracle.

What we practice here is a secret which most folks will never know. You are fortunate to be open to this approach, which is at least half the battle.

So many people here have gotten better. I recommend you really find how this approach fits you personally, and dig and dig in all available material to address your doubts. If you get conflicting guidance from people in the know, then dispense with the stuff which does not support you. Go deep, be consistent, don't pressure yourself for quick results, and ask for support when you need it.

Andy B

Nissou, Coffeeplease and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. Mick72

Mick72 New Member

Thanks Andy, appreciate the supportive words and insight into your journey. This SEP is a great initiative, thank you for caring:)