1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Heres how you heal.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Don’t rush it; always be in a calm patient mode. This is the true secret to recovery

Our bodies at times will seem to be out of our control and we worry. This worrying as weird as it sounds Will be the catalyst that keeps you sick, cause worry is fear. Fear has been cited as one of the main causes for getting pain and other tms dis-orders - also it’s the fire that keeps tms burning.

Tms is there to help us get past a relationship that we never quit followed far enough. Or a friendship that hasn’t been kindled, maybe you always wanted a certain type of relationship with someone and it has never happened or even the big one, your relationship with life seems to have smoldered.

This is the exact time you need not to fear if you want to come out of the despair and depression you feel from the tms symptoms- you can’t fear them. Even in near death- you can’t fear them.

You can be alert and know you have to stop the focus, not fear and meditate on good thoughts till you genially are at peace with your given situation and symptoms.

Some of us are bedridden for years, others have this pain that won’t leave and it’s so agitating and as we say inn slang, debilitating.

Nothings so strong (that after you get over delusional fevers) if it goes that far, that you don’t have a choice. See we get deceived by this worry – we think if I don’t worry then I’m not concerned or I don’t care. Nothing could be further from the truth. You will show how you care when you decide not to worry.

Loose the fear and focus- you will need to learn how to do this by the programs on the TMSWiki site and practice. Then learn to meditate as in mindfulness meditation and disassociate yourself from all worry, fear, stress and tension then you begin to feel better.

This first phase will take at least a month for you to get used to so again you will need patience, patience says I believe I will heal with calmness if I do it and don’t back away. Patience is Courage, that simple- I haven’t seen an easy case of pain and anxiety yet so it takes a lot of courage to decide to get better.

It’s when you make this decision that you begin to heal but you have to follow through and do the first phase- learn to lose the focus and fear- anger. Learn mindfulness meditation and learn to love the sweet smell of flowers- the love of a friendly pet, learn the beauty of life again.

Relationship- it’s always about relationship to something, usually living life like we did when we young and vibrant and youthful, just because we can’t run 2 miles anymore doesn’t mean we don’t get to have relationship with life. We can still enjoy all the beauty that we never pondered before. Like a beautiful painting – a wonderful song or just going back to auntie nip so we can feel how she genially loves us.

There are lots of reasons why we have lost the relationship to happiness but we can always choose to be happy with life in general again.

Again, loose the focus and fear on the pain, defeat or anxiety you have and watch your natural healing abilities take back control.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Very helpful insight into healing, Herbie.

Relationships can really cause pain. And being around people who carry a cloud of gloom around over the head.
    I have neighbors like that and told them, they're poisoning their own drinking water by focusing so much on the bad news
    they get on television and then spread it around. But they just didn't get it and stop that crap, so I've stopped seeing them.
    I feel better for not being their bad news dumping ground. It just gave me "downer" feelings.

Another thing you mentioned rightly is not to spend time worrying, about anything. I love the old song,
    "Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag... What's the sense of worrying? It never was worthwhile."

I had something to worry about last night but when I went to bed I told myself not worry about it or anything.
    It worked and I had a great night's sleep. Only one overnight "pit stop," which tells me I slept well.

Dexy likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

im glad you got away from those downer dumpers Walt
    It is a dreadful thing to be in their precense
    you can actually feel it in the air and around you

That song sounds like the guy knew what he was talking about

I worried mostly to myself as I grew up like most of normal America,
    This inner tension worry is what creates pain in us Goodist.
    I never liked spilling my hurt to others.
    I always loved learning a new way to heal from those thought lines.

Im glad you had a good nights sleep pal,
    your a good man with lots of wisdom to hand out
    you really helped me a lot Walt,
    Thanks buddy.

Forest likes this.
  4. Abbo

Abbo Well known member

Herbie, you have been a great inspiration to me. I read all your posts and they are helping me think differently about TMS. I am also very grateful for the Claire Weekes audits the make me realise I am not any different o the thousands of people she has help and I draw comfort from her words. Thank you all you generous Americans for sharing all your thoughts and support. From me in the UK

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

Herbie beautiful inspiration thank you.

6. Dexy

Dexy Peer Supporter

Again, thank you Herbie!

7. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Terrific post, Herbie. Much wisdom here.

8. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Herbie, another gem.

9. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

i had a bad day today: read this and broke into tears.why? the part where you talk about seeing the beauty of life again as a child. i want that so bad it makes me sad. to have lost that. all those years i've lost being so helpless and lost because if pain! i want to let go: get rid of all this fear that's taking energy i could use so much better. want to start this tms journey but so scared still it will be another deadend road en afraid i would not survive another 'lost'. maybe tbat's it for me: so scared to believe in anything fully because of the impact when i wouldn't help me. i really ask myself : what you have to loose? it is a mindblower..ofcourse i can reverse : what could i win..still have rivers to cross...thanks for this soulsearching..greetings Karina

10. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx Herbie you hit the nail on the head....

Fear is the # 1 enemy

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Katrina I was there, I had to realize I had the power to do this, to take back control one minute at a time. I would repeat over and over the words peace, love and joy in my mind hundreds of time a day to keep my mind in the now and to fight the fear, the inner chatter and the anxiety.
    As the minutes turned into hours and then days I kept repeating those words whether I felt them or not. I would imagine I felt them and over time I began to be more mindful of being in the now, safe, less fearful because that inner chatter was ringing kind words to my mindbody instead of the angered and fearful words I had been programmed too.
    I also repeated I'm calm, relaxed, patient and confident over and over and still do until this day. I found these words relaxed my nervousness and eventually calmed my sensitization.
    Walking outside just to see the sun shine was new to me. Taking time to really listen to a loved one and spending time really enjoying the things I had taken for granted was like opening a new door of healing that overwhelmed me. Being grateful for the little I did have and mindful in the moment were priceless, still are.
    Learning to heal is like learning to become a child again, we were always excited about what the day could bring and we created our joy in any way we could, you will win, the time is in the now. Smile, your closer than you think.
    Bless you

honey badger, James59, Hen and 2 others like this.
  12. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

@Eric "Herbie" Watson Thank you for writing this, Herbie. I'm struggling right now. Reading this thread helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  13. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Hi Eric, that's sounds great.i am not in that place at this point I guess. appreciate your kind words and try to learn from them. greetins Karina

14. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

"Learning to heal is like learning to become a child again, we were always excited about what the day could bring and we created our joy in any way we could, you will win, the time is in the now."

I love this thought. I can see myself running through the grass carefree! A big smile on my face! What an uplifting feeling.

Thank you.

15. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

This was a great post Herbie. One thing I've started to do is avoid reading major news outlets. So many news articles are filled with negativity. I'm also focusing on letting go of pet peeves that I have about people. I can choose to be happy. It may not make my pain go away but maybe over time it will.

16. Hen

Hen Peer Supporter

thank you!