1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Here I go!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Kari, May 26, 2015.

1. Kari

Kari Newcomer

I have suffered from low pain on and off for years. In January I felt I had strained my back and went to a chiropractor. The next morning I nearly passed out from excruciating sciatic pain. I have never felt pain like that! MRI showed herniated disk L4, L5. I have been doing physical therapy for over three months and finally was feeling okay, then BOOM, the sciatic pain came back last Thursday. For the past five days I can't get comfortable in any position (I am typing this while standing). I bought Dr. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain" and "The Great Pain Deception" by Ozanich a while ago. I did read a lot, and do believe there is a mind/body connection. I just don't know how to figure it out. I just found this forum and am hopeful this day-by-day approach with support will help me. The pain is limiting everything I do. I really want my life back.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr, Sarno writes that even if an MRI shows a herniated disk, that may not cause pain.
    The pain may very well come from TMS, repressed emotions and/or a perfectionist-goodist personality.

I urge you to keep working on the SEP to discover the emotional reasons you are in pain.
    That worked for me, journaling that led he to realize I was suppressing years of frustrations
    because my parents divorced when I was seven.

Stick with the SEP. It will heal you.