1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Here I go again....but this time I know!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kittyruns, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

So I go to the dentist (which I detest....am switching over to once a year) and they take an X-ray and find that one of my sinus cavities is completely clear and the other is filled with either fluid or a tumor or polyp. Went immediately to my vast TMS library and find this is probably TMS but to be on the safe side, I made an appointment with an ENT doctor. I work at a job where I have some downtime between projects and so I start Googling and then I said to myself...DO NOT DO THIS! You made the appointment. You are seeing the doctor. You are fine! Because I have had extensive dental work and had bone grafting done, I started "TMS-ing" about what if the bone graft is infecting my sinus, what if my tooth is infected??? On and on I went. Something that I do know is that you have to SPEAK your mind (because you have DONE THE WORK). This dental hygenist kept talking about the fact that I should give dental implants another go and I looked directly at her and said, "That is NOT an option." She was rude and I won't be returning to that dentist. I do not have sinus cancer. My tooth is not infected. I am calm and realize this is yet another manifestation of TMS! It can affect the immune system as well! It could be an infection since TMS can affect the immune system! I have been worked up about a) Getting a new puppy....she's so sweet but a handful! and b) my wonderful son who just graduated with his Master's and is looking for a job. His girlfriend has a horrid MS related eye and spinal cord condition (NMO-Davic's disease) and is really struggling with a lot right now. I know just recently I told him, "You can still have children." He told me that she has been told by her medical team that pregnancy with this disease is dangerous and life threatening. I am internalizing all this and we all know where that leads us.