1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 here goes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cindy, Apr 16, 2013.

1. cindy

cindy New Member

What is my level of acceptance of a TMS diagnosis?

Considering I've ruled out almost everything else, and considering the level of anger I feel at all kinds of different things, people, and situations, I'm pretty confident that my chronic pain is rooted in some sort of TMS diagnosis.

Doubts and Worries I have at this point?

That resolving my emotional issues will not help my pain; that I really am stuck with it for life and will have to live with the consequences.

What would a life without TMS mean to me?

Freedom, prosperity, happiness, control of my life. Being able to work until I am ready to stop. Not constantly thinking about the pain I experience it. Not having to consider it in my decisions.

A little background

I've had pain in my neck and shoulders since age 12. Now, at 25, I have debilitating pain in my hands, wrists, and forearms that ha forced me to stop doing the the things I love (I can no longer play the piano for more than five minutes) and has made it difficult for me to work (everything hurts my hands, but typing, which my job as a writer requires, is impossible to do for more than five minutes at a time.

2. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Cindy, you are in the right place. If you dig through some old posts here, I think you will find that, for some reason, a lot of people seem to develop pain in the part of their body that means the most to them in terms of hobbies and livelihood.

Good luck to you on your journey!

3. cindy

cindy New Member

Thank you. So far so good.