1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 37 Helpful People and Journalling about Meaning

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Well, it's pretty hard to just pick one person who has been most helpful! I've been greatly uplifted by Walt Oleksy's encouragement and positive words. I've also found Forest, Ellen and Steve Ozanich's posts quite informative and insightful.

I've been really blessed by each person who has replied to my posts on the Structured Education Program, as it really helps to confirm the TMS diagnosis and get some outside support. Thanks to all of you!! :)

Also, I wanted to share an excerpt from my journalling today, as I was dwelling on meaning in my life…

"One of the areas I have been grappling with lately is finding meaning in my life overall, but also in my circumstances. Ultimately my relationship with God gives me meaning and significance, regardless of what I do – or don’t do. I trust Him for love, for salvation, for hope, for joy and for a sense of genuine meaning and fulfilment.

Having said that, tonight I had a mini “revelation” (or perhaps more accurately, a realisation) that my chronic fatigue has been a wonderful gift. I feel more relaxed than I have ever felt in my life before. I don’t have any pressures or any plans over the next month. I do have goals and ideas I want to achieve, but I don’t have any work to do, appointments booked, or friends I have to catch up with. I can just rest and “be”.

On the one hand, it can get a bit isolating and lonely. Yet on the other hand… it is freeing. I’m finally learning how to be at peace with myself, with God, and with other people. I’m finding deeper healing. I’m learning how to meditate on God and experience His love even more."

Irene likes this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Journaling is a great way to express yourself , to get those emotions out. To me it was semi helpful I love self talk and being in the moment.

Laudisco likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Right on, Mike. My most used and helpful TMS healing techniques are journaling, self talk, living int he moment, and I add deep breathing.
    I not only talk to myself but I seem to listen to me, too.

Laudisco likes this.