1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

HELP

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by phillyjoe, Aug 27, 2013.

1. phillyjoe

phillyjoe Peer Supporter

I am very desperate for some responses to my post from early today. Thank you.

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Hi Joe, the word "desperate" always has a TMS tinge to it. Your back pain is a great indicator that it's TMS in your knee. Knee pain will more often "feel different" than back pain. It's the only way that your brain can make you think that your knee pain is structural in origin--by altering the sensation.

You couldn't ride a bike without pain if your knee was damaged. And it would be very rare to have a young person with a knee that "kneeded" surgery, although it has occurred. I suspect that your back pain has shifted into your knee. So the back pain cause was never resolved, it has simply found a new place that will worry you. But you need to see a TMS doctor for evaluation.

Surgeons will normally tell you that you will be better off after surgery. That's how the LASIK surgeon blinded my left eye. They operate for a living. They don't understand TMS so they're not qualified to make a good call. They're cutters not analyzers.

The need to hurry for a cure only adds more stressors, and delays healing. Slow down the mental chatter and ease up on yourself. It is the self imposed demands that create TMS.

Steve

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Joe. Steve has given you real good advice. TMS pain can move around when you tell your unconscious mind you know a repressed emotion that causes the pain. It can even increase the pain, as a last effort to make you be certain that is the cause, or find another reason. Eventually, as you come to recognize the emotions, the pain goes away. You don't even have to solve the emotional problem.

And don't add stress by being in a hurry for a cure. It takes its own time.

Try to take your mind off the pain by thinking happy thoughts and doing something you like. Dr. Sarno says it's not a good idea to spend too much time each day on working on TMS healing. Maybe you can watch a funny movie or just laugh even if there's nothing to laugh about. Laughing releases natural painkillers into our body.

Maybe you'll find a few laughs in the new thread I posted... Laugh Breaks... and the one Steve added to it earlier today. Maybe you have some laughs to add to it.