1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Help..!!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lostboy, Apr 2, 2018.

?

Is this a normal MRI??

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

As I am quite emotional, perfectionist, having low esteem, rage inside from childhood and suffered bad years prior to this disease.. I think it is tms.. But I want to confirm.. Any one with similar... Please help..!! There is no tms therapist in my country.. What to do.. Don't know.. Please read full story at my profile..

Attached Files:

2. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Look at the wording there: "normal" "moderate", these are "nice" words on MRI findings. People with terms such as "severe" or "massive" still heal from TMS (read Steve Ozanich). The point is, MRI findings are unreliable outside of finding tumors, or perhaps in cases of sever trauma.

I threw my MRI results away and it was very cathartic.

Lizzy and Lostboy like this.
  3. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Thanks KevinB.
    Your reply give soo much confidence to me.. Looking forward to be healthy once again . I know it will take time.. I have to be patient.. I am doing structural education program here at tms wiki and Alan pain recovery program also.. And Sarno books also.

Lizzy and KevinB like this.
  4. Hamed

Hamed New Member

Hi Lostboy...I have something for you that others in this community gave me a while ago...hope. I had the same pain as you, almost identical in description, with WORSE MRI findings on those same discs, and one of my discs was an extrusion on the sciatic root. Before I knew about Sarno or TMS, I knew I could recondition myself physically without injections or surgery. Despite my doctor's recommendation I decline injections every time, and definitely declined surgery. The pain levels went down a bit then came right back up again. That's when I found Dr. Sarno's work. At the time my pain came on, I had spent about three years of my life in emotional turmoil due to family problems. So my mind and body were primed for TMS pain. Long story short, I saw a TMS physician in DC, Dr. Andrea Leonard Segal (a brilliant, compassionate, wonderful doctor of the highest caliber), who confirmed the diagnosis as TMS, after looking at my imaging and speaking to me. She told me to get back to life. I did, and my pain levels went way down. My leg is back to normal, the numbness in my toes is nearly gone. I exercise every day, and I'm even running again. It's a battle, buddy, but a mental one. So don't fight fiercely, just knowingly. And by knowing, I mean knowing you're safe, sound, healthy and strong. Keep telling yourself that, practice mindfulness, and acknowledge the emotions you automatically repress. It's not as simple as saying, "I know I always suppress thoughts of X." It's more like, "I'm so angry at that person for doing X, Y, and Z. This person made me feel like this..."

I promise you, it gets better. Just give it time and patience.

Lostboy likes this.
  5. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Thank you soo much Hamed
    It is so nice of you to share your thoughts with me. Yah I'm trying my best.. I am from India and I don't know is there any tms therapist in India or not !! But that's not the boundary.. I can be better in my own.. No body can stop me as long as people like you are there for help others.. Thank you soo much again... And all the best for your speedy recovery..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  6. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Lostboy and Hamed

Read your stories, very compelling. The pain can be so debilitating, but, both of you seem to know that you are on the right path. You both understand the underlying element of the existential issues that keep us in this pain syndrome. It's not the physical, but our minds are powerful.

Keep reading, re-reading the books that resonate with you. Watch Sarno videos on you tube. You may find that with this good company (your fellow TMS'rs) that you can let go of all of your pain. Keep looking at others posts and offering responses. Be patient with yourselves.

Check out the Success Story forum and read some of those too. It's always good to get some inspiration from others who have also gone through the TMS struggles.

Kindly,
    Lainey

Lostboy likes this.