1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by shibeddin, Dec 20, 2015.

1. shibeddin

shibeddin Newcomer

Hello.
    I went to Dr sarno about 15 years ago and was rid of a year of terrible back pain in about 3 weeks. Here and there I get pain that only lasts a few days.
    However about a month ago I started getting terrible sciatic pain. This morning it was so bad I went home and cried it out. Since then my bag is 80% better but I have a numbness in my heel that is starting to go into my pinky toe. I have some doctor friends sending me to a back doctor tomorrow. Do you think this is still TMS? I have no idea what I could have done to get this. Nothing that 'hurt my back' suddenly.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi there,

I think the first point of call is to engage with the Dr and rule out any structural diagnosis.

Once he has ruled out any underlying issues you could begin either of the Free TMS programs on this site, the SEP or Alan Gordons program.

The pain itself does sound as if it could be TMS, but your post makes no reference to any any stress leading up to this bout of pain.

Regards

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Boston Redsox likes this.
  3. shibeddin

shibeddin Newcomer

I always have items going on. Stress is usually suppressed. About two months ago I was having some nervous attacks but I fought them off. Now my back.

I just want to know if it's normal to be number in my heal and foot this morning the pain in my ego was unbearable. But it's like it switched and now there's no leg pain. Just numbness in heel and toe .

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

yup thats normal moving around

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome back to Dr. Sarno's work! I hope that it is only mind-body stuff, and I guess you'll know soon. Sounds like it to me...

6. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

It probable that you are encountering symptom imparitive.

I don't know if you've realised just how powerful your words are...

"I always have items going on. Stress is usually suppressed. About two months ago I was having some nervous attacks but I fought them off. Now my back."

TMS is caused by not expressing emotions in a healthy fashion or attending to ones own needs. If you are constantly in FOF mode, without anytime for your body to heal, from what it believes to be a threat, the likelihood of mind body disorders is highly likely.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Mike

i am pretty sure u hit the nail on the head i feel i am going threw it know since i been doing Dr hanscom simple writing tech pain as spread and got worse...i better buckle up because its going to be a ride threw the holidays.

8. shibeddin

shibeddin Newcomer

so I went to the Dr yesterday and he took an xray of my back. Thank Gd all good. circulation is ok in my legs. But the back of my leg and my heel is numb since sunday morning when the last pain attack went away.
    first thing he said was get an mri and its probably a herniated disc, which I just hate to hear.

ive been walking limping and I feel as though my right leg is dead. I am more emotional about this than pain, as of Sunday. Can someone tell me that numbness for days in a row is a completely normal thing?
    I tried to run for the hell of it and I almost fell because my right leg is so weak.

this morning my lower back started to bother me also....then my hip, then my left side......I am just worried that numbness for a long time will cause damage. my spirits are worse than anything else right now. two weeks ago I was fighting off the pain by running. but with the numbness I cant even do that.

I am just a nervous guy, what can I say. I remember when I went to sarno last time he gave us specific pages of his book to read nightly and between that and my list, I was healed in 3 weeks. can I just assume it will happen again if I keep to the program? I just hate this numbness.....thank you all for your words. makes me feel better.