1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (now US Daylight Time) . It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with MatthewNJ as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Help! Worried about PGAD

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jessie C, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Jessie C

Jessie C Newcomer

Hi all. I’m new here. A little bit of background- I struggle with anxiety/panic disorder/OCD. My husband and I have one three year old and are wanting another baby, so I started to wean off of effexor. Everything was going successfully... until I started having PGAD symptoms. I didn’t know what it was until I started googling. Once I googled it all I went into a state of pure distress and of course the symptoms got way worse. I went to my doctor and she laughed at me... told me to take Paxil. I then went to another doctor who has been so so helpful and patient. She did a swab and a urine test. Turns out I had a UTI. 5 days of Bactrim and not much luck on my constant need to pee/PGAD symptoms. So I went back and still had blood in my urine. Fast forward to 7 days later and my symptoms are better, but not gone. So today I went to a urologist. He said I have no stones and the infection is gone, but there’s still blood in my urine.
    I guess I’m wondering if anyone has ever had anything like this? Did I throw myself into a horrible panic with real symptoms, and now these won’t go away? Just scared and was hoping for a kidney stone. Any help or advice would be helpful. My anxiety is the absolute worst.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

All I can suggest is that you do a forum keyword search on this and find older posts. I know it's been discussed. In the search results, choose the tab for "results from our forum only".

3. Jane.Fearless

Jane.Fearless New Member

How are you today ?