1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Help with how I’m doing ?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Leelee343400, May 14, 2023.

1. Leelee343400

Leelee343400 Newcomer

Hello all.

It’s day 25 on S E Program.

How I’m doing so far ?

mmm id say ok good.
    I have had some success running thou
    at the moment I have a little flare up of pain.
    I will still go to the gym tonight and streach
    and run, it will be my third time running.

It’s interesting that the last time running
    Causes a bit of tightness, but I feel it’s
    normal I’m trying not to let my fear get in the way.

I feel like I’m going ok good on the program,
    one thing that’s come up is me pushing myself to much, I had a cold last week and
    pushed myself to the gym.

I’m trying to learn when to be kind to myself and listen to my body and give myself a break.

I do feel I want to go the gym tonight and
    do a gentle workout streach and run.

It’s also interesting that I have a little flare up of pain, looking at myself emotionally
    I have been quite worried about my mum today. I think the worry of mum is causing a flare up of pain.

Lee

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

You bet this can happen. It's a good topic to write about - you can write an "unsent letter" to your mum, and treat it like any other writing exercise, where you put down ALL of your thoughts, good and bad, positive and negative, in a letter you will only send to the bin!

The thing about human relationships is that love always exists side by side with a wide variety of normal and legitimate negative emotions, including anger, resentment, guilt, and even rage. When it comes to our aging parents, you can add fear of mortality and of abandonment.

Any time we flash on negative emotions we unconsciously tense and clench - and our primitive TMS brains react as if we just glimpsed a sabre-tooth tiger lurking ahead of us, so they repress the emotion and put us into high fear alert instead. Leading to symptoms!