1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Help with confidence

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by karenz, Jan 17, 2018.

1. karenz

karenz New Member

Hi there,

I am working through the program but one source of pain keeps generating fear. I injured my pubic symphysis 18 months ago having a baby. It took about 9 months to be totally pain free. About 4 months to be at a manageable level. Last year the pain would change in intensity throughout the day. I always attributed that to alignment. I would do some simple stretches and they would help. Eventually I started being brave about my activities and started swimming and hiking and gardening and shoveling and the pain sort of left. Of course I thought all that activity helped strengthen things.

7 months ago I hurt my back (just a few months after getting rid of the pubic bone pain) and it triggered leg pain in both legs (sciatica). Since learning about TMS three weeks ago, I feel confident that that is not from a disc etc and have been moving freely etc.

However six weeks ago I also reinjured the pubic symphysis. I went back to my pelvic lady who said it was separated a bit again. And it hurt like heck. I ended up trying plasma injections four weeks ago. Currently I’m trying to decide if people pubic bone pain is TMS too.

I have pain over the pubic bone that radiates. I have ranging intensity from 1-9 in pain each day. I had one day nearly pain free this week when I cleaned some cabinets. I tried to do a a slow jog and it didn’t hurt too much during but did hurt later. I sat a bunch yesterday and it hurt a lot.

I have seen woman online plagued by this pain for years and years and they’ve ended up having fusion surgeries and been told they have pelvic problems etc. I don’t want that to be my future. But I don’t want to hurt myself either by not being cautious. I think my mind has let go of the fear of the back being something scary and have accepted it is TMS but this pubic bone has me stuck in the fear game.

Also, I am working with a TMS therapist and today just talking to her on the phone the pain went down.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Karen

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. birder

birder Well known member

Karen, congratulations on your baby! I'm all too familiar with the fear game, so your post really resonates. Even though I know from my TMS reading that things may get worse before they get better, I really struggle with shutting down the fear talk and images of structural problems. More experienced members who've been down this road can recommend great reading and journalling activities (I know, busy mom with toddler, but...) I just want to say hang in there, you've come to a very supportive and healthy place.