1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Help rsi? Tendinits?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Danie1988, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Danie1988

Danie1988 New Member

Hi guys ive been doing alot of work regards to how i feel and with accepting tms but where were nudged to carry on with life and works it seems as i seem to be struggling i work in quite a physical job which requires alot of physical work my initial problem was diagnosed as rsi, then tendinitis ive had scans, mri’s and blood tests which have come back normal my issue is when i put pressure on my wrists or my thumbs agony straight away, which inturn tells me that i do have an issue, for advice do i carry on regardless or actually worry that im doin GB more harm.

2. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

I had a similar issue with my right hand when I used it to do heavy work last year.... I was able to cease the TMS pain in my back 2 years prior and then I developed RSI like pain in my right hand last year.... I journaled and re-read Dr. Sarno's literature but it still would not let up... Ultimately I began writing out a list "Accepting" my right hand pain and the emotional reasons/personality traits I have that could have possibility triggered the pain.

I'd write
    "I accept my right hand pain"
    "I accept my perfectionist tendencies"
    "I accept my child hood traumas"

etc etc etc

I'd add to the list daily and reread it daily.....
    with in two weeks my pain was gone and hasn't returned since....
    I really believe the acceptance is key for everything the pain and the reasons for it...

Hope this helps :)

Danie1988 likes this.