1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

help please :)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by alexandra, Feb 22, 2014.

1. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

Has anyone out there recovered from nerve pain in back, hips, outter thighs, tingling, pinching etc from my back all the way to the toes? it only goes away during sleep (does not disturb me at night at all) but is painful all day every day for the last year and a half and prevents me from exercise which i loved to do...i also have pain coming from my elbows into my forearms and hands (symptoms of thoratic outless, ulnar nerve, or carpal tunnel or all of them! ). Lots of people who have recovered with dr.Sarnos methods had pain all over, but what about what seems to be mostly hot burning nerve pain? im waiting for a nerve test in a month and a visit to the rheumatologist in a week, all x rays, low back mri, and tons of blood tests are normal. i fear a neurological disease not related to tms. i have no numbness or weakness. my mom has fibromyalgia and grand mother died of gillian barree syndrome :( So anyone with nerve pain out there can give me any info? thank you :)

2. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

Alexandra,
    I too have those pains and have gone the same route with the medical world.
    It is their job to put a name to this and whatever label that might be, please do consider TMS
    as a very likely possibility. Most importantly, I wanted to share that I have recently been able
    to make a direct connection between those types of elbow/ arm nerve pains with fear and anxiety.
    For the most part, the “plot” of the subconscious has been very sneaky has operated undercover. However, when
    those particular symptoms flare up, at least in my case, I always find that there is something negative that I am anticipating, even if it’s a few days ahead.
    I hope this might be of some help to you.

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Where are you that it takes a MONTH to get a test? Good news is that all your tests so far have come back proving that you're physically NORMAL. FEAR is the great TMS bugaboo DISTRACTOR. FYI, fibro according to Sarno IS TMS. TMS runs in the family, Its a culturally transmitted dis-ease. How old was your grandma' when she died?

alexandra likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

If we think negative about something in the future, it can sure give us anxiety and fear which produce pain.

Try to live in the present and let the future take care of itself. I've found that what we fear seldom turns out
    to be as bad as we feared. I try to think "It's a piece of cake" and laugh it off.

5. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

Thank you everyone for responding to my very first post on this forum. I do see the connection between anxiety and fear with increased symptoms but specially after I attemp to walk long distances for fitness. I was a professional dancer and acrobat for 10 years before chronic pain took it all away...in a matter of days I went from competing and performing to walking for fitness, and now a year and half later the pain is getting worse even with only walking. I am 34 and desperatly trying to hang on to some kind of fitness which i love. I think I may have si joint dysfunction or a nerve disorder etc as everything else has been ruled out, the pain is different every day but never ever let's go of my legs, my arm symptoms come and go. I live in Vancouver Canada, Ive been waiting 6 months for my rheumatologist apt, and im also waiting another month for a nerve test. I paid for my MRI as I couldn't wait the 6 months wait for that! my grandmother passed at age 65, it took a month from first symptoms till she passed. Thank you again and I wish everyone good health, this forum warms my hearts :) I have a perfect little 6 year old girl named Isabella, and many great things to live for, I will never give up, dr sarno has given us an amazing gift of knowledge and never ending hope. I'm so thankful...

Lavender and Hopeful917 like this.