1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Help please.. l4l5 & l5s1 disc bulge with back and left leg pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lostboy, Mar 21, 2018.

?

Is this TMS?? IS MY MRI IS NORMAL????

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Hey everyone...
    I am 24 year old... Soo it started 4 year ago .... September 2014 .. At the age of 20. As I don't know how it begins . But what I thought that once I did very hard work by lifting batteries of solar panels all days... But I am not sure because at that time I don't have any pain.... one day I was riding a bike and I feel a spasm in my leg.. Which get cured few day later ... But after 3 week when I was traveling somewhere in bus .. When I got down from bus... My left leg was not able to move.. don't take my body weight .

After that I started feeling tingling, burning, pain in my leg and buttocks.. And walking is quite painful... I met an orthopedic doctor. He gave me medicine but no relief.. Another orthopedic gave me advice to have an MRI. after reading MRI, He said that I'm having two bulging disc at l4l5 and l5s1 and having a pinched sciatic nerve root.. Due to this I'm having pain.. He gave me bed rest for month but no relief.. He suggested me to saw a neurologist.. Neurologist gave me advice to operate..

After that I saw a hizama therapist.. For about 6 months with no relief.. After that I saw physiotherapist, acupuncture,.. And many more with no relief.
    Last year April 2017 I saw a chiropractor . He advised me to have spinal decompression therapy.. And did some manual spine adjustment.. But with no relief.. That was mine best shot because I read somewhere that's spinal decompression was the best possible treatment for this disease.. But I was unlucky..
    The chiropractor told me that my spine is aligned but he don't know why the pain is still there .. After that I tried electropathy, lots more.. But no relief..

One day I was looking for treatment for disc bulge . I saw Dr Sarno theory.. And after purchasing the healing back pain book.. When I started reading.. I find everything resembles with me.. Because my childhood spent with lots of financial problems, Home violence, stress of always be good in study because my family is poor..

I remember 2013 was the worst year for me till date.. That year I was in too much much stress, anger because of relationship.. She left me.. I think this all happens due to my financial condition.. Soo there was lots of anger for family and for that girl also. but I never speaks about that... I used to spend time alone, cry all night.. I was in depression...

After that emotional trauma.. this pain started In 2014. soo it might be due to tms..?!! Because my journey from childhood have that rage, stress, anxiety, low self esteem, perfectionist ,emotional by heart . After reading healing back pain book I feel little relieved from pain but not completely cured .. Soo please help me guys.. I am still in pain..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. Lynn S

Lynn S Peer Supporter

I'm confused with your question. However, you don't seem to be confused that you're in the right place. You're doing good by reaching out. I'm new to this recovery and working with issues of what to do since I'm not cured. All I can say is nothing else has worked for me so I'm not giving up on what I know what my real issue is. I'm confident more experience people will reach out to help. I hope it doesn't offend you I can't bring myself to call you by name. You don't seem lost to me.

Lostboy likes this.
  3. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Hey thanks for the reply.
    I am lost because I don't know this pain is due to TMS or disc herniation. As I can relate my emotions with Dr Sarno book but I am not cured ..

4. Orion2012

Orion2012 Well known member

My experience, and that of many others on this site, indicates that Dr. Sarno was correct: disc herniation does not cause chronic pain.
    For some time, you have been frantically seeking a cure. You have found it, but the cure is not instantaneous. It is a process. Believe, be patient, do the work, and you will heal.

Lostboy likes this.
  5. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Hey.. Thanks Orion2012
    But would you please tell me.. What to do . ????? How to overcome symptoms ??? TMS Therapy process ??

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Lostboy likes this.
  7. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

read steve o book. that cured me. no one here will tell you what to do to get better. you need to find it yourself by believing and reading. learning everyday. controlling emotions etc. everyone heals diferently.

Lostboy likes this.
  8. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

9. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Thanks. Stevow7... And congrats for your victory over TMS. I hope someday I will be pain free just like you .

stevow7 likes this.
  10. Orion2012

You're getting good advice here. I also recommend Unlearn Your Pain and Great Pain Deception.

Forget about the disc. Retrain your brain.

I had good results doing Schubiner 28 day program from his book. I needed 8 weeks to do his 4 week plan, which he says is OK.

I also read Sarno and Ozanich. Both very helpful.

Lostboy likes this.
  11. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Thanks orion2012
    The pain is soo frustrating and annoying... But I'm trying my best.

12. Orion2012

I'm sure it is; just ignore and accept it. Don't try so hard, you got take the pressure off and go slow.

Lostboy likes this.