1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

help please hard pushing through

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by billiewells, Dec 13, 2015.

1. billiewells

billiewells Peer Supporter

My TMS journey has only really just begun about a month ago.Started very positive, but am having real trouble practising outcome independence especially with the drop-foot I am lugging about. My world has become so small over the past three years and my mobility so taxing and whilst I know this will not go overnight ( I have suffered with anxiety all my adult life), I am finding this particular patch very trying. My impatience is taking me over through my desire to get my life back. Enough is enough I really don't want to live like this.

Now I know this is counter TMS Recovery because this frustration is adding pressure and anxiety, but I am at a loss how to focus on the endgame and not to be driven down by these thoughts. Inside I am screaming - "Enough is enough!!". I want to be well.

Any advice??

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Billiewells. I apologize for not replying sooner. Outcome independence is a problem for probably everyone with TMS. We want to be among those who healed and began dancing like Fred and Ginger after just reading Dr. Sarno, but for most of us it takes longer. Keep believing in TMS 100 percent and you will recover.

Anxiety and I are old companions (I won't say friends), and were are in a very large boat. Most people have anxiety and we just have to learn how to live with it. When it really gets bad, I laugh it away. Just about nothing can stand up against a good laugh. For me, it's the opposite of screaming, and a lot more fun. Even if there is nothing funny in your life, laugh anyway. Laughter sends healing to our body and mind.

Take your mind off your pain by treating yourself to something... dark chocolate, nuts, fresh fruit, or some caloric no-no to reward yourself for working on your TMS emotions.

3. billiewells

billiewells Peer Supporter

What a lovely reply. Thank you Walt