1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Help me with urination symptoms

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jonconner, Aug 12, 2021.

1. jonconner

jonconner Peer Supporter

Hey everyone,

hope all is well.

move posted before about my pelvic floor unconsciously tensing as a new normal, I believe it’s from ans being hyper Aroused from years of chronic stress and anxiety.

One of the worst things is urinary urgency and frequency. And this is what i need help with!

How do I tackle this?

for example what do I do if I feel the urge, how should I think?
    I need help guys, thanks

Usman1515 likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I used to have this problem and this is what I did: First, rule out any physical problems with a doctor. After I knew it was a psychological problem, I would make sure before I left the house that I had squeezed out every drop of urine. Then, when the urge hit, I knew I didn't really need to go. I would tell myself "Stop. There is no need for you to urinate right now. It's just nerves." or something to that effect. Then I would think about something else and the urge would go away. After awhile the unnecessary urges went away entirely. The key is to really believe what you are telling yourself, so it is important to dispel any belief that you have a physical problem.

Hope this strategy works for you.

Kittyruns and backhand like this.
  3. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

I second what Ellen says, and I would add don't beat yourself up if after doing that the urge is still there and you still have to go. It's ok. You don't have to successfully make it go away every time. Go about your regular life as much as possible and float thru it.

I have had this issue for a while now - also absolutely just a nervous system thing. It is a frequent but not constant thing. We recently drove to the beach for vacation, about 4 hour drive. On the drive there (I was the driver) my back hurt, my hip hurt, and I think we had to stop 2 or 3 times so I could pee. Some days later, on the drive back my back did not hurt and I virtually had no urge to pee even after many hours. Nothing else was different, coffee intake, or anything else - it was just my mental state. So it's definitely a mental state causing physical symptoms.

Ellen likes this.