1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Help if possible

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jared, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Jared

Jared New Member

Hi my name is Jared I'm 24years old I just became a member and I'm in so much pain. The most pain in my in tire life . I've been to so many doctors and they all say there seems to be nothing wrong I've had so many test done to no avail I have terrible pain in my neck shoulders and heels . I would love to just have a diagnosis . I can't work or even simple things anymore. I use to be prescribed xannax and klonopin at different times and I took some leftover xannax (2) 2mg 3 months ago that I had from a old prescription and it completely took the pain away but I'm not prescibed it anymore and I'm not supposed to take it with the subutex. I am now prescribed which does help with the pain just keeps me from going into withdrawal but I am scared of how much pain I will be in if I stop the subutex and if I should or even could get prescribed something like klonopin or xannax for the pain .I would rather not get the xannax because it's too addictive but I would just really like to know if anyone knows what I might have as a diagnosis . It's so hard being in so much pain and not having diagnosis makes it even worse because doctors don't believe you friends and some family don't believe you I'm in tears writing this I'm sorry I hope I wrote this well enough to understand thank you

2. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

Jared, if the docs all say they cannot find anything then it is quite possible you do have TMS but i'll let the TMS experts weigh in. If you do have TMS, that is great news as it is 100% curable.

Lizzy likes this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Hang in there buddy you will be ok, your not alone. Im no doctor but sounds to me like you have tms especially since they can't find anything wrong with you. Try to see if they have a tms doctor in your area if you need a little belief. Another hint that your pain went away when you took zanax. Tms pain exists because your body would rather pain than anxiety. Although anxiety is another manifestation of tms.

Start doing the SEP on the website. Also begin to read books such as: healing back pain, the divided mind, and great pain deception. Take your time and let the knowledge soak in. Your are fortunate to be here at a young age, take hope. You will embark on a great journey that will help you live a life you never knew existed. The journey will be filled with ups and downs so hold on.

Your pain and anxiety is your deeper self expressing rage. Your body trying to tell you something. Look at your life and start piecing together your own puzzle. You got yourself in the mess, but the best part is you can get yourself out and become a better person. Goodluck and keep us posted. Keep asking question. We are what we believe.

Ryan

4. Ozzy

Ozzy Peer Supporter

Jared, sounds like TMS. If the doctors can't find anything physically wrong then it almost definitely psychologically caused. The doctors I went to see about my pain didn't know about TMS and I guess that even if they did would not be allowed in my country to diagnose it as such due to medical guidelines. You can be free of this pain by doing the things that will alleviate it. Once you know why the pain is there it will go. One thing that helped me banish my pain was to get back to a full level of activity in my life little by little, but always going in that direction. I went for a walk, then a longer one, then an even longer one until I was no longer afraid. Now I am back playing tennis and doing whatever I want - in fact I am in better physical shape now than when I first had my TMS pain, only two months after becoming pain free.

Keep the faith that you will get better. Don't listen to anyone (including yourself) that says this pain will stay continuously forever. It won't. Do the suggestions Ryan mentioned. Keep a pain diary so you can see that the pain is not always there - there are moments when it disappears right?

All the best,

Conor

5. Jared

Jared New Member

Thank you all I am in so much pain I just came across this website and I related to what people on here we're saying about there pain I do not fully understand TMS and no my pain never goes away fully but when it does get worse it is terrible and I can't imagine it going away by reading something or thinking it doesn't . Anxiety and stress does make it worse along with certain activities. I don't understand how it's my fault. This much pain can't be in my head. Doctors would think I'm crazy if they don't already. Is it possible I could have fibromialga ? And if TMS is real and you think I have it how can i cure it I would do some much more with my life if I could get this pain out of my life it's crippling I don't even have freinds or hangout that's how bad it can be . If any could explain what TMS is And how to cure it and what steps to take i would be very grateful . It's worth a try I've tried everything else.

6. Ozzy

Ozzy Peer Supporter

Hi Jared, the pain is real - it is in the body - the question is how it is being caused. I recommend reading John Sarno's books as a starting point and the SEP program on this site, or a Faster EFT therapist to try to alleviate the pain.

Lizzy likes this.
  7. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

A couple of things Jared:

- it is not technically your fault, in TMS the unconscious mind produces the pain
    - yes, you could have fibromyalgia but fibromyalgia is TMS!
    - get yourself a copy of The Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich, it goes much deeper than Dr. Sarno's books do. Sarno lays the groundwork, Ozanich puts the walls and roof on.

I think it would be nice to have TMS support groups all over, just like we have AA.

Ozzy likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

my words may have not been explained well, it's not your fault for the way you are. The good thing is you can get yourself out. Start reading the books mentioned above and soaking in the knowledge. You will ultimately be the one to heal yourself and others will help you along.

Ryan

Tennis Tom likes this.
  9. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Have you looked at the tmswiki pages that explain tms? You might want to do that and read success stories here on the forum while you wait to order or pick up the books. So many here have healed from their pain, and it is powerful to build your hope. Dr Sarno said tms pain can be worse than structual pain, so yes it is real and it is painful, but the fix is in your sub c. Be hopeful!

Ozzy likes this.
  10. Jared

Jared New Member

So I should find a fibromyalgia doctor ? If TMS is fibromyalgia why have the things I've read say fibromyalgia isn't curable? I don't understand how a book is going to help this much pain like I said I can't work I live in the states. MD actually , I would go to a TMS doctor if there is one arounde Annapolis. What is an EFT therapist? I've tried physical therapy. Could you give me an idea what is in these books that can help me with my pain? I'm sorry I'm very thankful for all the help but when you've tried soooo much and nothing works it's difficult to believe a book will help at all . I also am living with my mother and have no money so if I did want the book I would have to convince her to get it for me and I would need more insight. I just really hope and pray someone can find out what wrong with me and take away this pain I would do anything and it's terrible because I don't look like I should be in this much pain but I am and I don't have a diagnosis so that just makes people not believe me even more. I love my mom and she says she believes me but I can sense that maybe she thinks I'm exaggerating my pain but I'm not it's completely crippling and I don't want to get my hopes up for something else that's not going to work I'm trying to stay positive but it's just hard I'm sorry I'm in a lot of pain right now

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Peer Supporter

I understand Jared - it is hard to get perspective when haunted by pain.

Fibromyalgia is curable - it is just that most MDs do not know about TMS so they cannot cure it. That does not mean it is in incurable. EFT is a technique which can help bring emotions to awareness and thereby the pain either subsides significantly or disappears. It is worth trying - I can recommend someone who has a good success rate with pain symptoms. I tried it myself with a therapist facilitating it and it worked - when I tried on my own with no-one to help it didn't. If money is really bad then this site can be a starting place - look up the SEP program and like Lizzy says read the success stories. Thousands of people have been in your situation of having unexplained pain and now they live normal lives. Why? Because they found TMS and were convinced they had it. Read about it Jared, read everything you can about TMS. Good luck!

12. Jared

Jared New Member

Thank you I will try it out and thanks agian for more info

Lizzy likes this.