1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Help! I have a rash on my face !!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by lexylucy, Apr 12, 2017.

1. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

I have a rash on my face called perioral dermatitis. It's a flare up of red bumps and dry skin patches. Super attractive. Not contagious thank god.

I am going to the doctor tomorrow and I can put on the creams and things prescribed but in addition - because of how much I know about mindbody syndrome I would like to explore and see if I have any deep emotions that I am feeling in connection with this rash. I feel a feeling of "keep out" that is coming up and a feeling of anger. I have not been feeling safe in my home. A girl moved in to my community house and I felt a little uncomfortable and scared at her housing interview. Then when she moved in she was very loud and unconscious. Then out of nowhere one time she made an openly racist comment about my ethic group. She doesn't know my heritage.

I have gone through waves of anger and despair. This person suddenly decided to move out. She will only be living with us for about 2 more weeks. I have had a lot of heartache about it and have gone back and forth on weather or not and if so how to confront her. I would have confronted her head on if I did not share a wall with her. I think I have to.

Thanks for listening. I think I'm so angry I may be turning into a monster!!! (I'm even starting to look like one)

LexyLucy

2. lexylucy

I think that the rash was in place to keep me from expressing anger there is a real fear there. But I realize with some people there is no concern. It is ok to express feelings. :)

3. lexylucy

I am feeling better. I am checking in with my skin every morning and every night. Just going over it and seeing what comes up. I find I feel all kinds of things. Mostly issues about setting boundaries, standing up for myself, and also trying to separate and let people go who I don't want to be around anymore in any capacity. I feel that way about my landlord right now.

Louise Hay has an affirmation for healthy, clear, and vibrant skin:

"I lovingly protect myself with thoughts of joy and peace. The past is forgiven and forgotten. I am free in this moment. I feel safe to be me."

I think her work is amazing. How she gives affirmations for each part of the body. It's not something I hear talked about on this forum very much. Why certain people get pain in certain places. I started this journey with back pain at a time when I had enormous financial fear. Hay says lower back pain is often linked to the need for support and love around finances and independence.

The affirmation for lower back pain is:

"I know that life always supports me. All I need is always taken care of. I am safe.

Skin problems she says are due to a feeling of not feeling safe around other people. Having to many interactions, and being around people who are disrespectful or blaming.

I could use some support please.

LexyLucy

4. Wfergus

Wfergus Newcomer

This sounds exactly like what I'm going through also! I suffered with what I now know as TMS for 6 years and just recently found Dr Sarnos books. Almost overnight my pain dissapeared. As quickly as my pain subsided perioral dermatitis took its place as an equivalent. I am also struggling to understand how this has occured physically so I can hopefully apply a similar technique to banish it for good. I am currently on antibiotics that only seem to be controlling the cystic acne that I got along with the sudden onset of dermatitis. I don't want to come off the medication as I fear both the dermatitis and cysts will occupy more of my thoughts with fears etc. I'm at a loss as to what the best course of action is and would appreciate any suggestions..