1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Headache, dizziness, weakness.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dakota, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Hello! I started the program because of neck pain and headache, and chest heaviness. Then, it started to disappear , I quit because I thought " ok, now I know how it works", and I started to have anxiety in other forms. More anxiety. Now, I started to have vertigo, dizziness, eyes problems, and in general I feel like my body is a bit weak. The headache is like light but constant. I started to move on once again, and do things like also taking a flight after 3 y of pandemic, or I started to show up in spite of all the judgement and fears. Anyways, I know in my head that this is the same old pattern, but this physical (and emotional) condition is starting to be challenging. Because I know at a rational level what's happening, but anyways I'm scared due to my
    hypochondria and hyper vigilance. My super therapist told me that interacting here can help me so much. Btw, I have so many emotional suppression and unsaid that i cannot recognize. I know that there is a rage and anger and fear, but there is something else that I'm not able to connect with. I'm a long time meditator, and during meditation all those body feelings go away.
    Any suggestion or experience to share? Thank you

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @Dakota and welcome.

You say you started the program, had some relief, quit, and began experiencing worse and/or new symptoms. And that symptoms disappear during meditation. And that you know it's all brain-based.

Your rational brain knows the answer. It's your irrational fearful brain holding you back. You haven't said that you've resumed the program...

3. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Hello! yes, I started once again the program, my therapist told me so, I-m at the very beginning once again. Anyways, yes I know everything rationally, but another side of me, that I cannot control, drives me to the pain. Thank you for your answer.