1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Help finding a TMS therapist?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lilac, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Lilac

Lilac Newcomer

How does one go about finding a TMS therapist in their area? I live close to the Illinois/WI border. Thank you.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Illinois
    Peter R. Brown, PsyD, DAAPM, FABMP (Therapist)
    Pain Psychologist
    Noninvasive Healthcare Institute, Ltd
    9601 West 165th Street, Suite 6
    Orland Park, IL 60467
    drsatbrownstone@yahoo.com
    (708) 646-8070

[​IMG]
    John StracksJohn Stracks, MD
    (Physician)
    Dr. Stracks believes that the mind and body are intimately connected and that almost all disease processes involve an interplay between the two. His training in integrative medicine has taught him that all treatment plans must include not only a mind and body component but a social and spiritual component as well. In addition, Dr. Stracks believes that the most powerful interventions involve changes in nutrition, activity level, and other lifestyle areas, and he works to partner with patients to effect these changes. Dr. Stracks believes that many conditions can be controlled or even reversed with mind-body techniques, lifestyle changes, and other integrative therapies, and he likes working with patients and their primary physicians to safely reduce medication use whenever possible. (Source)

Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group Center
    for Integrative Medicine and Wellness
    1100 E. Huron Street Suite 1100
    Chicago, IL 60611
    312-926-DOCS (3627)
    jstracks@yahoo.com
    Co-host of first TMS conference.
    TMS Wiki Profile / Survey Response / Q&A Answers / Website
    Insurance Accepted
    : Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Medicaid, Medicare, TriCare, Unicare, UnitedHealthcare, and other PPO network plans

Wisconsin
    Luke Fortney MD (Physician)
    Assistant Professor
    University of Wisconsin Integrative Medicine Program
    621 Science Drive
    Madison, WI 53711
    (608) 262-9355
    (800) 323-8942
    Insurance Accepted: Medicaid, Medicare, Humana, BCBS, Wellpoint

Douglas Hoffman MD (Physician)
    11134 North State Road 77
    Hayward, WI, 54843
    (715) 634-5505
    or
    1101 9th Street North
    Virginia, WI, 55792
    (715) 634-5505

Roman Y. Kaplan, MD (Physician)
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin
    888 838-7051
    902 236-6311

David Johnson, MD (Physician)
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    414 935-8000
    Insurance Accepted: Aetna, Cigna, Medicaid, Medicare, WellCare, Humana, BCBS, United Health Care, Wellpoint

[​IMG]
    Nancy SelfridgeNancy Selfridge, MD
    (Physician)
    Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
    Insurance Accepted: Medicaid, Medicare, BCBS, Wellpoint

3. Lilac

Lilac Newcomer

Thank you. Yes, I saw Dr. Stracks and he believes that I do have TMS. I'm looking for someone that can help me figure out why I have TMS and what's causing it. Apparently I must have some deeply suppressed issues and need help figuring out what those are.

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

It sounds like Dr. Stracks is your man, why not work with him until TMS clicks for you? His bio states he does more then just dx TMS, he also works with PP's, or perhaps he can he make a referral to someone in his integrative group to do mindtherapy with? Don Dubin, a noted and well loved TMS therapist told me he never had to do more then a dozen sessions to get the TMS theory embedded in the psyches of his patients.

BTW, Dr. Sarno said that you did NOT have to find the black bullet traumatic incident in your past that "caused" your TMS, you only had to accept his TMS theory, letting it be absorbed by your self-conscious, and start doing what ever makes you feel good--Just Do It!

[​IMG]
    John StracksJohn Stracks, MD
    (Physician)
    Dr. Stracks believes that the mind and body are intimately connected and that almost all disease processes involve an interplay between the two. His training in integrative medicine has taught him that all treatment plans must include not only a mind and body component but a social and spiritual component as well. In addition, Dr. Stracks believes that the most powerful interventions involve changes in nutrition, activity level, and other lifestyle areas, and he works to partner with patients to effect these changes. Dr. Stracks believes that many conditions can be controlled or even reversed with mind-body techniques, lifestyle changes, and other integrative therapies, and he likes working with patients and their primary physicians to safely reduce medication use whenever possible. (Source)

Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group Center
    for Integrative Medicine and Wellness
    1100 E. Huron Street Suite 1100
    Chicago, IL 60611
    312-926-DOCS (3627)
    jstracks@yahoo.com
    Co-host of first TMS conference.
    TMS Wiki Profile / Survey Response / Q&A Answers / Website
    Insurance Accepted
    : Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Medicaid, Medicare, TriCare, Unicare, UnitedHealthcare, and other PPO network plans