1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Help Finding a Doctor

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Samanthaw5, May 31, 2021.

1. Samanthaw5

Samanthaw5 Newcomer

I am almost certain I have TMS but would like to speak to a doctor (M.D.) about it. The only respected one in my state (Tennessee) is not seeing patients. Dr. Schubiner cannot see me because I am not in IL, and Dr. Schecter cannot see me because I have Blue Cross insurance and he does not accept that. Do you know of another M.D. who could see me virtually and hopefully accept insurance? I am really struggling to find one, and was unable to find a reasonably priced one on the PPD Directory or the Practitioners page on TMS Wiki. Thanks.

2. braveheart

braveheart Peer Supporter

I have heard that Brad Fanestil, MD sees patients virtually out of his Center for mind-body medicine in Boulder. Not sure about insurance, but if you Google him a website comes up with a link to the center. Good Luck!

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I had a similar dilemma and I went to Dr. Gietzen on the PPD list. I don't think he takes insurance but his rate was very reasonable and advise was spot on. I have still fully recovered and am forever grateful for the recommendations.