1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

help! crippling eyestrain, normal TMS routine is not working.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Heinrich, May 3, 2013.

1. Heinrich

Heinrich New Member

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hi Heinrich. What are you doing to help yourself besides reading and meditating? Journaling? Processing out some of your feelings?
    I dothink many (most?) eye issues could have emotional causes.

3. Lori

Lori Well known member

That's Scott Brady's book--Pain Free for Life? Excellent book.

Is it possible that you are expecting your eyes to hurt when you do certain things? I mention this because you mention the fear of the eyes starting to throb. If so, that needs to be de-conditioned. The link between doing certain things and eye pain needs to be disconnected.

I must say I have to be grateful you posted this. I now remember, talking about eye issues, that when we had moved when I was 8 I began to have eye issues at school. It was an ache I would get and whenever I would close my eye, and it would tear profusely. I will now spend some time trying to go back to what I may have been feeling, though it's not hard--i was the new kid in a school. The doctor could not find a reason for this either. hmmmmmmmm

Heinrich, keep up what you're doing with reading and the program. You will see results as the new info sinks in and your belief increases. :)

4. Lori

Lori Well known member

Talking kindly to yourself as soon as the negative (fear) thought comes to your mind. So when the fear thought appears, counter it with something positive like "my eyes are fine and I'm going to enjoy this book". I find it best not to use words like pain in such affirmations. Consistent practice produces results as it alters our neural pathways.