1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

help -back pain resolved but gerd,reflux,gastritis still going

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by amkeire32, Aug 9, 2016.

1. amkeire32

amkeire32 Newcomer

After 16 years of terrible back pain, a nervous breakdown due to pain and isolation I read Dr Sarno's books and am pain free.

As wonderful as that is and I am in 7th Heaven! I still am dealing with stomach issues which cause me difficulties especially at night when I can't asleep much due to reflux. Have had tests in the past coming up clear so think it is TMS. should I go through the program again and journalling but this time only in relation to my stomach?

Life is amazing now just feel I have one more step. Is this a symptom imperative even though I had it as well as back pain. It only abated when I would take Valium which leads me to believe that it is an anxiety issue that maybe underlying.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Amkeire

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, amkeire. I am so very happy to know you have healed from reading Dr. Sarno and the SEProgram.

Your stomach problem could be from some other emotion you didn't discover or thoroughly deal with before.

I would give the stomach issue a little more time to go away, and if it doesn't, it sure would not hurt to go through
    the SEProgram again and focus on that issue.

I posted today in the General Discussion subforum about the benefits of positive thinking. Take a look.

3. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

I was 100% sure the GERD I had last spring was TMS induced but couldn't conquer it and saw my Gastro guy as it was so bad. The same thing had happened to me about 5 years ago to the point where I lost my voice. An ENT Dr. diagnosed it correctly.
    Both of these times, it took a few weeks of OTC medications but the turning point came when I had my bed elevated a few inches at the head end preventing the acid from coming up.
    (The wedge pillows aren't good for the back.)
    The other helpful thing was when I abstained from all food three hours prior to bedtime.
    I am not qualified to give medical advice but this is what worked for me.

4. amkeire32

amkeire32 Newcomer

Thank you so much for posting - I will follow your advice - funny thing is once I posted my question I had a great night's sleep!

5. amkeire32

amkeire32 Newcomer

6. amkeire32

amkeire32 Newcomer

Thank you for posting reply - I also sleep propped up on pillows and do not eat late at night but funnily when I posted my question I had a great nights sleep!

7. amkeire32

amkeire32 Newcomer

8. amkeire32

amkeire32 Newcomer

Thank you so much - I will read your post today.