1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by njoy, May 19, 2015.

1. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Hello,

I am njoy's son. It is with a heavy heart and great regret that I have to inform you that she passed away May 1st from a heart attack. I know she liked this forum very much and considered many people here her close friends. She would often talk about people here and conversations she had with you. It is for this reason I thought I should inform you. Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers.

2. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

Thank you for letting us know. She will be remembered in thoughts and prayers as will all of you in her family.

3. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

So sad, I enjoyed her posts. They were always interesting. She will be missed.

4. Mala

Mala Well known member

Very sad to hear about your mom. Thank you for telling us.

Mala

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you so much for letting us know. You and the rest of her family will definitely be in our thoughts.

Nena was a very special person and will be well missed. I loved her sense of humor, her spunky and self-deprecating wisdom, her giving heart, and her sense of adventure. She was a frequent caller (especially during the earlier episodes) into our TMS Discussion group, and I think that those qualities all shown through. Her advice was quirky and helped put things into perspective.

She spent a number of years as an ESL teacher in China and used to tell wonderful stories about it. She lived in a small house up in a very rural area of BC and I found her relationship with her husband to be a nice model of how two people can make each other's life that much brighter. She started our IFS mailing list and was working on a book to help promote the nonprofit. Sadly, the book will never be released now.

@njoy wasn't quite as active recently, so some of our recent members may not know her quite as well. I think her profile page represents her well:
    http://tmswiki.org/forum/members/njoy.1308/
    And for those who missed it, she recently gave us an update:
    http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/update.7249/

A great person and a lot of fun. I will miss her.

3137900689_4fd6d7db06_o.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I am so sorry to hear this news. She was a very special person and definitely a bright light on this forum. I will miss her wisdom, humor, and humanity.

plum likes this.
  7. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Yes, the same goes here! It's a real loss and I'm so sad to hear it.

Thank you for sharing this news with us.

8. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I second that. njoy always provided a very unique personal perspective and introduced a sense of hard-earned wisdom into our conversations here on the Forum and Chat.

9. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Very sorry to hear this news.

10. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

So sad to hear. I loved her perspective on different topics. You can feel proud that her contribution on this forum helped so many people.

Ellen and Forest like this.
  11. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Njoy was an inspiration to me. I have read many of her posts, but we had a brief discussion only once, it was humorous and delightful. Thinking if her and her family at this time.

12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I am so sorry to learn that your mother has passed away.
    She was true friend of the TMSWiki and posted often to inspire us all.
    You were very fortunate to have had her as your mother.

I am going to suggest to Forest, the host of the TMSWiki, that we assemble
    your mother's posts for a special section, to share her wisdom with others.

All of us at this web site send our condolences.

13. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Walt,

If anyone would like to read some of njoy's old posts, they can by clicking around on the "My Story" profile page for her account. Just click on her username to find it.

At the bottom of the "Postings" tab, there are the following two links:
    The second link finds all of the threads by njoy, which sometimes is better, because when someone has something important to say, they often will start a thread.

Anniemaude likes this.
  14. blake

blake Well known member

I am so sorry for your loss. Njoy was a great help to me when in first discovered I had tms. We used to private message together and even spoke over the phone a few times. She was so kind and generous with me. She will be truly missed on this forum. I always loved reading her insights.

Blake

Forest likes this.
  15. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

Your mom will be miss.
    Thanks for your time here Njoy.

16. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Nena was one of those people whose voice gifted you with a real sense of the world behind the words. She was funny, smart, endearing and refreshing. She also sent me some of the cutest animal photos from her part of the world. She shared, she gave, she gifted. She was generous and I so sad to hear she's gone.

Thanks for letting us know. And I hope that somewhere in the tumble of hurt and sorrow our memories of her make your heart swell.

Blessings,

Plum

Forest and Ellen like this.
  17. Anniemaude

Anniemaude New Member

I’m so sorry to read this, even tho it’s so long since njoy has died.
    I am a relatively new member and have been listening - binge listening - to all the past recordings. I just searched for njoy as I wanted to thank her for her wonderful contributions. I’ve listened to her a lot, but have just listened to a number of recordings in Pathways to Pain Relief, and in particular the one about Mrs R’s story. I just loved njoy’s wonderful contribution and honest sharing here. Everybody’s sharing is wonderful and deeply helpful, but I just felt called upon to search for njoy and thank her in particular.
    Well, maybe she may sense my gratitude at some other level. She’s a mighty fine being <3

Evsperl and BruceMC like this.