1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

hello

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by winterhaven123, Jul 20, 2014.

1. winterhaven123

winterhaven123 Peer Supporter

Hi Glad to know there is hope. & No I still am unable to find The SEP page could you send Me a link? No I am unable to work now & no I don't get out much. & I know I need to. Yes I have skimmed through Dr Sarno's Divided Mind & it was harder for Me to understand So I purchased The CD healing back pain. & as I do understand what he is saying I guess it is hard for me to let go. Starting in 1994 I would break out with severe hives & Severe swelling in My hands & feet This went on for almost 10 years with No diagnose I was in a abusive 21 year marriage Psycical & emotionally within 2 months after I finally divorced that all of that stopped. & that occurred everyday. Now for the past 13 years I have been in a severe emotional relationship off & on like a yo yo I believe is this cause The pain bring Me to the floor The problem with this relationship is We don't live together. What is even worse We are neighbors. So many times I tried to end it. I know now for sure this is the cause of my pain. Its hard to get away from a neighbor & I am trying so hard to figure out. what step to take. I know He will not move So it would have to be Me. I have lived where I am for 13 years & He has been there over 20 It's a nasty Relationship This is where I need help. The hives have stopped I am in hope this will too I guess what I am saying is I need a lot of support. Thanks for your Reply

2. jlm

jlm Peer Supporter

The link in my other post works for me, but here is one for Day 0. The days are listed down the left side of this page.
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Week_0
    I don't know the solution to your relationship problem, but I do know to continue to be involved with a toxic person is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline. Moving takes a lot of physical effort. Do you have anyone who could help you?

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

My back pain was really awful and spread into my sides. I learned about TMS from the Sarno book, Healing Back Pain,
    and within about a month about 90 percent of the pain went away. I kept thinking some of it was structural so some
    of the pain was still there. Finally I believed 100 percent in TMS, did some journaling to find repressed emotions,
    and then all the pain went away. I hope you folks can stick with TMS knowledge and the techniques for healing
    in the SEP. You will be pain-free too!

4. winterhaven123

5. winterhaven123

Ok thanks for the Link. I don't know why I was unable to pull it up on My computer. No that's one of the issues with moving. I do have another place to go. I would need to sell this one & Run as fast as I can. Toxic is what I say too it's a horrible situation.

6. winterhaven123

Hi Can you let Me know What contact information I need to add when I ask a therapist a question. I have tried several times with no reply & My question dont appear anywhere Thanks Judy

7. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Judy,

The program is a bit like the advice columns that you see in newspapers. It comes out on a regular schedule and they get more questions than they are able to answer. They want to write answers that will be as useful to as many people as possible. The program isn't a substitute for a personal consultation with a TMS Doctor or TMS Therapist. While we certainly hope the service is useful, not all questions will be answered. At least its free!

8. winterhaven123

ok Forest thanks My pain is so much intense burning in my body. I just was in hope for some input. Thanks for your reply

9. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Glad to help, winterhaven! :) I think that your approach of posting in the support forum is a good idea, as that is a great place to get support. If you want to get as many responses as possible to that post, one thing that might help is replying to other conversations in the support forum. If you do that, people will get to know you better and will want to help you that much more.

You may not feel that you have much to offer other people, but, really, we are all experts on being strong in the face of pain and emotional stress because we have all lived through it. This means that we are all experts in TMS treatment because we can use our own experiences to support one another.

Plus, as I know you know from our phone conversation, TMS can be very isolating, so when we help others, it can also be healing for us, because it helps us develop connections with people. As Steve Ozanich identified in his book (and as many therapists have identified and social-neuroscience is now rediscovering), connection with other people is key to human health and happiness.