1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Seta Alucinada, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Seta Alucinada

Seta Alucinada Newcomer

Hello, I'm beggining this journey.
    I'm argentine living in Spain, so, sorry for my English. Anyone speaks Spanish?
    I'm an 51 years old asperger woman with C-PTSD and TMS.
    I have sensory hypersensivity.
    I'm in the first day of this program.
    I don't remember feel safe ever, I grow up hiding my emotions, feelings and thoughts because I felt I need to please adults to survive.
    People is dangerous, a menace. I'm trying to not think that way but it is difficult.
    When there is someone with me I became hipervigilant, ready to fight or fly, scared. Takes me time to rationalise that the other person is not a menace and then I relax a little bit, but the damage is done. My nervous system is exhausted.

Aimee88 likes this.
  2. Sita

Sita Well known member

Hi,

Try this. It's a guided meditation on peace, in Spanish. Take care.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  3. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Welcome, Seta. Hola. I'm glad you are here.

BloodMoon likes this.
  4. PrincessPragmatist

PrincessPragmatist New Member

Hello Seta. Sorry, I have no Spanish. It can be challenging to let go of emotional repression and hypervigilance when they have helped you survive for many years. I wouldn't be alive today if I hadn't hidden my emotions (even from myself) and remained on high alert as a child with many dangerous relatives and as an adult in a domestic abuse situation. I was the queen of hypervigilance and I couldn't let it go because the pay off had been so great. Now, I realize that that once dear friend has become a foe. Now, I will do just about anything to calm my mind and body.

I really believe almost anyone can make progress with this approach. Maybe you can find Sarno or Schubiner books in Spanish translation. All the best....