Hello, long time lurker, new poster

Elsie

New Member
Hi, so, I've been a member here for a few years but have never posted until now. I've had various chronic pains most of my life. Sometimes they last months or even a few years and then disappear. My latest started 6 years ago, suboccipital pain. Went to PT and it resolved. About a year ago, after several years of extreme financial stress accompanied by anxiety and depression, the neck pain came back...It was much worse, and I tried my old PT exercises. Didn't work. I can't even do chin tucks, hurts too much. I'm ok most of the day, it's at it's most painful at night, just when I think I can lay down and relax, I can't. I have an appt with the 'physical department' at my local hospital in Belgium to rule out.

I am a retired RN and also trained and graduated from WellCoaches ten years ago. All of the research I've done the last few months has led me to want to be a Neuroplastic pain coach. I've read through Unlearn Your Pain and The Way Out, among many other resources. I'm also working through the Reign of Pain online course. I've been practicing coaching on AI, mostly Claude, but don't feel ready to coach real people quite yet.
I think what's holding me back is the fact that I haven't resolved my own neck pain yet, but I actually haven't even tried. Aside from reading about and studying the topic, I've yet to work on myself. So my next step is to actually go through the Unlearn Your Pain workbook through the eyes of a patient, rather than a coach.

That all said, I'm here for my personal pain, but also to learn as much as I can in order to eventually but a good and competent pain reprocessing coach. It feels like my destiny to do this. This pain has to be good for something!
 
Hello, again! Glad you're posting now and not just lurking! 😀

In case you've not come across it before there's another, imo, excellent PRT book that you might be interested in using for yourself or eventually in your practice, called 'The Pain Reprocessing Therapy Workbook: Using the Brain's Neuroplasticity to Break the Cycle of Chronic Pain' by Blackstone and Sinaiko https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CTQLMDHS (Amazon.co.uk)
 
Back
Top