1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hello, I would like to introduce myself!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Okcowgirl, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Okcowgirl

Okcowgirl Peer Supporter

I read in the forum intos that this is a good place to introduce myself as a new member. So...here I am lol. I have been working on TMS treatments etc for a few months now. I have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia with Chronic Fatigue components. I have been working on finding my way out for 30 years now. I am both excited and scared to be actively seeking again , since I had decided a few years back that I just want to live my life without constantly seeking healing, as it always lead to disappointment and dashed hopes.
    I was SO happy to find an article on the Symptom Imperative and find myself there! AHA I said! There I am! I have had SO many symptoms over the years and if a treatment was to work, it was only for a matter of days, usually 3-5 lol. I was incredulous that this was a well know thing here! YAY!
    I used to train wild horses and was an extremely active person. Now I only go anywhere a few times a week, and have to severely limit any physical activity or I "crash". I have NO moments without headache and serious body tension, and have very weak muscles which react to ANY activity, so am very motivated to find relief.
    Thanks for being here. I am excited (and yes scared) to jump in further. After years of trying many things, I now tend to move on after a few months of trying something and am at that point now (2 months with TMS work) so decided I best jump right in and make sure I have support to keep me motivated. I believe I belong here!
    Blessings

plum likes this.
  2. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

Welcome! We are glad you are here. This is a wonderful community of people!

Okcowgirl likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Okcowgirl,

Welcome here! It is great that you're supporting your engagement in this work with a post, saying "here I am!" rather than slipping away.... Bravo!!!

This work takes tenacity, steadfastness, time, and encouragement.

Your excitement that "this is me" is to important and to be cherished in your work here. Remember this feeling in your body: "Yes. This explains my situation. Experts and self-healers, 10s of thousands of them understand what is going on in me, and have found their way through."

I am not sure what TMS work you're doing, but I highly recommend you do the Structured Education Program or Dr. Schubiner's Unlearn Your Pain, or Curable ap to give yourself regular, daily contemplation/support.

Wild horses: I used to work as a wilderness ranger in Steens where they ran. Yes they ran! Your horse training may help you with TMS. The TM Syndrome can be seen as a "primitive" intelligence --sort of like a wild beast, which needs your steadfast contact in order to "turn around." Be firm, stand your ground, attune with awareness and love. Someone with your history will not "saddle this beast up and ride" on the first day. Yet this horse can be ridden, or communed with ---maybe that's enough, with the right approach. You're the trainer now.

Andy

Okcowgirl likes this.
  4. Okcowgirl

Okcowgirl Peer Supporter

Thanks Andy <3
    Your response brought me a few tears....although I must say that is pretty typical these days lol
    I am opening up with hope again and it is very emotional
    I think it was the way you embraced the horse analogy. Horses were my WHOLE life ...well before TMS that is. I was a riding coach and horse obsessed from a very young age lol I had to sell my horses many years back and give it all up. I have a tough time walking my dog these days. Well I actually don't walk my dog as that is too much for me. So yeah, the training analogy really hit home. Thank you for that Andy. I WILL win over this beast.. I will be firm, stand my ground, and most of all, use awareness and love.
    Blessings