1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hello I would like to introduce myself.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Pattil, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Pattil

Pattil Newcomer

Hi! I am Patti and I am new here. I am 70 yrs young. I believe that I have had TMS mind/body pains and symptoms pretty much all of my life. Early separation anxiety & anger as a newborn; unfortunately, I did not bond with my mother at birth. There was no breastfeeding as my mother was rushed to a woman's hospital for mastitis (so I was told) but I think she suffered a nervous breakdown and postpartum depression. My childhood was traumatic - parents arguing & fighting most all the time. I was verbally and physically abused as a child and teenager. In my early twenties I ended up marrying a man who I did not really love because we were expecting a child. In the two and a half years we were married he was unfaithful. When our son turned 2 I gave birth to fraternal twins, sadly, they didn't make it due to premature organs underdeveloped. Three years later after a lengthy legal separation, I got a divorce on the grounds of extreme cruelty and moved in with my parents. Happily, in 1975 I met and married a fine man, and we have been together nearly 42 years. We had three children, the oldest son died in a drowning accident in 1990, and our youngest boy passed away in 1998 from a blood (leukemic) disorder. Our daughter is doing fine and expecting a child in February, her second child. My oldest son has two boys, 28 and 16 years old.
    After, all of this, I am still kicking! My faith has sustained me. I am health conscious, and I feel I take good care of my body. I get the chronic low back pain syndrome where for a week or so It's difficult to stand straight, I've had spinal and hip pain, itchy skin rashes primarily on my feet, toes, fungal nails since age 17; now and then, I feel a tightness/upset in the solar plexus area, yeast infections, earaches.
    I've had painful swollen joints, dry eyes, mild anxiety. It feels like I have experienced quite a few equivalents (symptoms). I am certain that I have TMS, and I will heal from this condition in good time. I am seeing a psychotherapist now for the past 2 months.
    I have read Dr Sarno's books and attended his lectures via DVD I am currently reading The Great Pain Deception
    What a great book! I am glad that I found your website and forum, and I welcome and would love to hear from you folks who have healed or are in the process of healing. Thanks.

All the best,

Patti M

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Patti, and Welcome!

I am very sorry about the death of your two children. These experiences can explain a lot. Kindly ask yourself, "what does not want to felt?" It is easy to see how any mother would rather walk around with any number of symptoms, even very severe symptoms, rather than feel aspects of this loss.

It sounds like you know yourself, know your history, and can easily link who you are to your symptoms. What does not "want to be felt?" Keep asking this question as symptoms arise. Be gentle with yourself. Open, easy inquiry, without having to know all the answers is very powerful over time.

As well as reading, and gentle inquiry, and reading success stories, I suggest you do the TMS Recovery Program. This is free at the Wiki, and as you do it, you may post questions and responses. I wish you the best in this process, and I am sorry about your losses.

Andy B

3. Pattil

Pattil Newcomer

Dear Andy,

I thank-you for your compassionate letter in reply to my first post. I shall definitely follow your advice. It is such a good , comforting feeling to read your words, and I look forward to reading the success stories and beginning the Recovery Program as you suggest.

I do have a question, Andy. What is Phase 1 TMS, Phase 2, 3 and 4? What does it all refer to? I read about someone in Phase 1 TMS, and I guess Steve Ozanich healed from Phase 4? Thanks.

Patti

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Patti,

I am glad you are encouraged by my words.

I have not educated myself on the Phase aspects of TMS. If you want more info, you might start a thread on Support or General, asking this, titled appropriately to get folks' attention who know about this. Steve may reply too.

Andy B

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  5. Pattil

Pattil Newcomer

Hello Andy,

Thank you, and I will do just that.

Patti M