1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, fellow TMSers! My TMS diary

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by AuthorGirl, Jan 29, 2019.

1. AuthorGirl

AuthorGirl Newcomer

Hello, everyone! I've started the SEP, and as you'll know Day 1 encourages us to start a thread and introduce ourselves. I've had heel pain for almost five years, and I'm convinced (well, almost - I still wonder sometimes if the problem is structural) that it's TMS-based. All tests, scans, etc., have failed to reveal any physical cause, however. I've seen various doctors and podiatrists, and spent loads on orthotics, ultrasound therapy, acupuncture, etc. The pain is definitely worse if I get stressed or angry, doesn't seem to be linked to how much walking I do, and went away completely for two months in the early stages.

I've bought Steve Ozanich's book 'The Great Pain Deception' and use the Curable app. Things were moving in the right direction - less pain - but reversed last week (when I got stressed about stuff). I'm enjoying the journalling and find it very therapeutic. Instead of a different thread for each day of the SEP, I intend to keep all my days together in this thread - kind of like a TMS diary. I look forward to meeting you all! I've already found posts by Plum, Forest and Walt very helpful.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum! Look forward to reading about your progress.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi AuthorGirl,

I had terrible foot pain and went through years of diagnoses, treatments, alternative medicine. Nothing worked until I found Dr Sarno's work. I am sending support, and confidence you'll get better following the SEP.

Andy B

4. AuthorGirl

AuthorGirl Newcomer

Thanks, Ellen! I've also found your posts very helpful.

Ellen likes this.
  5. AuthorGirl

AuthorGirl Newcomer

Thanks, Andy! That gives me both hope and inspiration!

6. AuthorGirl

AuthorGirl Newcomer

As someone addicted to books, I've decided to read Steve Ozanich's book before I proceed any further with the SEP. I'm told it's excellent, and I intend to read 'The Mindbody Prescription' afterwards too. My foot is feeling pretty good today - yay! dancea