1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hello....again

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mark1122, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Mark1122

Mark1122 Well known member

Its been like 5-6 weeks and today reached an all time low.. felt so sick, tired and so much pain in shoulder, arm and hand. Ive been behind pc like 6-8hours a day and pain got worse and worse. My mind forgot about tms and i was full on scared and depressed. I readt about lightning project and stuff this dude told reminded me of tms and i was like wtf am i doing.. im scared and i feel sick, i feel hopeless and am in so much pain.. Might this be because i forgot about tms and went on the scared, negative train again? I hope so..

Now i am trying to ignore it all again, but its hard since my heart skips beats and it scares me. Its the worst thing keeping me in the negative anxiety circle. It is so hard to dont care about the pain when it keeps getting worse, exhausting me and giving me rapid heart beat and heart skipping beats...

Just had to get this out there. I did follow the steps on here the days. I just didnt journal that much... I did have a massive outburst in tears last weekend when fighting with my girlfriend. I always keep the tears in. But this time it came out like a waterfall, i couldnt stop it and was crying like a baby. After that my anxiety was gone and i was much less tired and depressed, the pain was still there just a bit less but overall i felt good. But that was a week ago, i feel shit at the moment. But this gives me hope that stress/ depression might still be in play for these last 6 years without me really noticing maybe causing all these physical symptoms and anxiety??? I am seeing a psychotherapist next week hope it helps...

any tips?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Almost everyone who has success says that they really buckled down and did the work. You can listen to the latest podcast episode (from last week) of "The Cure For Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs" (#45) her interview with Dan Buglio, where he says clearly that just continuing to read books and hope that it eventually sinks in is not enough. You must do the work. You must take the risk. And you must make the commitment to be 100% honest as you do the work.

It's your fearful brain that is seducing you into being lazy. And it will be your fearful brain that convinces you that you don't need to write down certain things in the exercises. You have to listen to your brain trying to trick you this way, and fight back. This is actually harder than it sounds, I know, because I really had to force myself to keep writing when I didn't want to.

By the way, in my opinion, the technique of "ignoring" symptoms doesn't actually work unless you have the emotional strength to talk back to your brain and really see what it's trying to repress. Another way to put this is that "ignoring" means shifting your attention elsewhere - but it needs to be somewhere that's going to be productive towards your recovery. It can't just be another distraction!