1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Heel/back/kidney area

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by elchessboy, May 10, 2022.

1. elchessboy

elchessboy New Member

Hello my friends..

I recently got over a stomach virus. been bloated, for few days but im recovering now.

I started my training in school monday, and on sunday was when i was bad. Alot of pressure.

As im feeling ok now wth the tummy, Now i feel a certain pain around my kidney area.

Let me just say Ive had insomnia , and TMS for a long time, but I conquered all that and minor ones for many years.

I usually dont get sick, but when I do, i pretty much recover quick. I am a healthy guy at 43 years old, has recent blood work 2 weeks ago, all went fine.

Reason i am typing this while in class (not good i need to focus) is because i cant get my mind of this kind of dull pain around my kidney area, especially when i turn to the side or expand my stomach. The weird thing is my heel also started hurtin a bit on that same side i feel the pain sensation in my kidney area.

My question is, has anyone gone through this? feels like a bit of pressure esp when i inflate my belly...

If anyone can let me know if they had this or if my TMS is returning , ill be more focused.
    I trust you guys, because ive been there and its a part of me.

Thank you so much for reading this.

jrid32 likes this.
  2. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

I'm dealing with this right now and also went to get blood work / urinary tests done (all came back normal). I'm approaching this 'new' symptom as TMS except I will admit this symptom is a bit scar.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Guys, as long as you've been cleared medically, there's no reason to treat these symptoms as anything other than TMS. Your rational brains know this. Your TMS brains want you to remain in fear so that you continue to worry and stay "safe" and don't spend time examining your emotions.

Never forget this key fact: every single physical sensation and process in our bodies is created and controlled by our brains. Pain is created in the brain, either as a response to a danger message sent by neurons at the damaged area, OR for no reason at all other than emotional distraction and keeping you in fear. Refresh your knowledge of phantom limb pain for proof of this - and note that the entire medical community now accepts that the phantom pain of a missing limb is just as real as the original pain of that limb before it was amputated. And that the brain can learn to let it go, once the trauma of the injury has been properly and consciously processed.

Here's another fact that is more of a TMS fact: your fearful brain is very skilled at designing a brand-new symptom that is unique to you, so that you won't be able to find someone with your exact symptom. It is also very skilled at convincing you that if someone offers you a similar symptom, but it's not EXACTLY comparable, then it is not good enough, and you need to keep searching for a better match to your symptoms before you can be sure it's TMS and not something to be scared about. Which will NEVER happen.

Don't be fooled!

Tmswarrior32 and jrid32 like this.
  4. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

Pure gold here, thanks for your wisdom!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. elchessboy

elchessboy New Member

Hi Guys been over a year now, been great. When i wrote this post, I was under extreme pressure due to school/work that i had to learn. I was bloated (as I know most IBS symtoms are mind-gut TMS related)...my panic and anxiety about it was thru the roof making it hard for me to concentrate on school. I went to the doctor, and he dismissed all the fear that i was telling him. Told me to get some probiotic and it shall clear up in a few days. As soon as I spoke to that doctor, the fear went away, and I managed to due well in school the next day. This was a mental thing for me... If a doctor or anyone can make me feel good , then i wasnt afraid anymore of the pain or bloating. the FEAR had lost its grip, it lowered down as the bloating did too. I am not going to go to doctors any longer,. TMS / anxiety has thousands of symtoms and I cant afford for every symtom i get, to go to the doctor. Thats just me. Im just going to live life! Just want to say emotions/stress is everything! And I agree the mind can either make or break you! Thats all I will say. Cheers guys!

Baseball65, JanAtheCPA and jrid32 like this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Great update, @elchessboy, thank you! I'm with everything you said, 100%. Great work!!!!

7. Tmswarrior32

Tmswarrior32 New Member

Thank you for writing this. It is exactly what I needed to read and understand

JanAtheCPA likes this.