1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Healing back pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ellie freegan, Oct 26, 2015.

1. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

As long as I am concerned with what body is doing pain will continue. I believe this is a quote from healing back pain. for me because I have such strong conditioning that E.g. when I sit at a computer sit and read et cetera I have pain it seems impossible for me not to be concerned about what my body is doing any ideas how to get over this? Thanks a lot

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Ellie,

I wish you had made it the Rapid Recovery workshop on Saturday because I explained how fighting conditioning is one crucial factors in recovery.

I have talked about it in detail in Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain: A Nine-Step Plan. I believe if you do it combined with all the other steps, you will conquer it. If you need additional help, you can schedule a complimentary 25-minute Rapid Recovery Strategy Session at http://www.rapidrecovery.net/phone.html

Take care,

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ellie,

Being concerned with the pain is something that will lessen in time. It is a counter-intuitive hurdle to undertake. Be patient, and observant for a surprising random time when you really don't care so much if you're in pain or not. That might be the start. To not be concerned is a wonderful thing.

To be checking and monitoring fuels the symptoms, this is true. One thing that may help is to remember that there is no damage happening, just because you feel pain. Good luck.

Andy B.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ellie. These responses are wonderful. The Rapid Recovery plan is excellent. Give it a good try.

Monitoring our symptoms definitely works against healing. Try not to think about them... that's the way to handle them.

Try to find ways to enjoy each day. As for feeling pain when sitting or at the computer, maybe do some Google searches or watch Youtube videos on the computer that make you feel good, or that make you laugh. Maybe do it a few minutes at a time and build up to 15 minutes, then half an hour. Practice deep breathing. I sometimes get so involved in my work at the computer that I forget to breathe. What comes is in short takes. I realize I'm not breathing properly and switch to deeper breaths and it helps. Deep breathing is profoundly relaxing and healthy.