1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Heading into the right direction

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DC123, Aug 10, 2016.

1. DC123

DC123 New Member

Over the past few days my back pain is beginning to really mellow down. Up to this point my back would ache all day for any reason. I could never find out what emotional reason brought it on because it would ache all day and seemed like not really "brought it on". The past couple of days I have noticed that certain stressful situations have brought it on like visiting my Grandma at a nursing home (stressful to see her in there) or right before I have to make a presentation. It does ache if I am on my feet for 4 hours straight but I think that is just natural because when I rest my legs my back pain will loosen up.

My stomach issues are beginning to relax as well. I am eating the foods I normally eat with no issue.

I am not a 100% healed yet. There are still certain exercises and other small things (pullings weeds in my backyard) that keep me somewhat intimidated.

scrat26 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, DC. Thanks for sharing your TMS healing success. Take breaks when pulling weeds or doing other things and practice deep breathing all the time. When visiting someone in a nursing home, try to think about how much they benefit from your visit. Maybe tell your grandmother about deep breathing for relaxation.