1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

have you the same sensation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by daniebama, Jun 2, 2020.

1. daniebama

daniebama New Member

I discover this amazing Dr. Sarno´s world last week...after a year of low back pain (i am sure you all know,so i won´t tell the whole sad history),....If you asked me one month ago if i had repressed emotions i would have said "no..of course..",because i always have been in interested in spirituals matters and self-growing..bullshit..!!! i have discovered this week i had a lot of rage inside me..the first time i read Dr. Sarno´s book i had to stop after reading 30 pages because i start crying about a lot of things for 20 minutes!!..my father´s death when i was 27 (i am 45 now),etc...i had a lot of rage inside of me because a lot of things i didn´t know or that i considered water under the bridge...
    so i have been starting to look for hidden emotions from years ago...and i would like to know if you have noticed the same point like me...i start speaking out loud about things i supose that have caused anger,fear,etc..and i didin´t know...but suddenly..when i say a particular matter....a deep sight comes out!!! i use to thing the bigger is this deep sight the biggest was the fear,anger, it was causing me!! Did this happen to you too?

2. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

I've had something like this but, I have discovered that when tears come over having a certain thought, or during talking to a therapist etc., I would pay close attention to what's causing the tears, and the feelings/ memories that come with it.

3. daniebama

daniebama New Member

Thank you very much..i guess it's because we are a little family (i lost 6 relatives between i was 20-27 years)..and there was only my mother,my sister and me when my father died and now i realize i didn't let me cry because i wanted to forget it soon and be strong for my mother and sister...but like you say,i will talk about that to a therapist..thank you very much

4. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

Hi, I'm not saying you should see a therapist but, because you cried, felt rage when thinking or writing about a subject you might have thought was "under the bridge", clearly, tears, rage go together, so, tears are something. stay with that feeling, as long as you can. It may or may not reveal something, but I believe welling up tears, strong feelings, tears, means there is more to "look at" there!

Aaron