1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 26 Have you talk to your parents?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 444, Jun 21, 2021.

1. 444

444 Peer Supporter

Day 26 ponder question. What timing. Yes I had spoke with my dad about 4 days ago. Very tense conversation. He is upset with me because I won’t get the covid vaccine. I have concerns about it’s safety, but that’s a separate issue. Growing up my dad was not a happy person. Mainly during the work week. He has always had a quick temper and it’s gotten worse as he’s gotten older. Yells at other drivers, people in his way at the store just no patience for anyone, family included. He’s always right and doesn’t want your opinion. Has belittled my mother for as long as I can remember. I have feelings of guilt for not speaking up for her. I’ve been doing a lot of journaling about this as I feel it’s part of my own anger and fear issues. Yesterday in church service the pastor told the congregation they should call their fathers, you know for Father’s Day and all. I sent a text. Just didn’t want to get involved in a heated or tense conversation with him. Just wanted to enjoy the day with my own son. Anyway, amazing timing for day 26.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

These are important and profound realizations to have as you move along the path to recovery. You are making good progress and doing great work. Congratulations!

3. 444

444 Peer Supporter

Thank you. This website is amazing and I’ve been telling everyone I know that has pain.

Ellen likes this.