1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Have you received suspicious Personal Messages?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, May 30, 2016.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

Earlier today, a member of our forum let me know that they had received a suspicious Personal Conversation via the forum. By "suspicious message," I'm referring to a message that might be from a spammer or even a scammer. This has never happened before, and the person just let me know in case other people reported suspicious messages as well.

If you have received an personal message from someone who you don't know in the last couple of days, please click on the "Report" link below the message. If you do this, the moderation team will be able to view your message and compare it to the other message that was reported. So far we only have a single report and while the reported message does seem a bit out of the blue (and doesn't mention TMS), we have nothing concrete to go on yet.

If you have any questions about a message you have received, please do not post details about it here. We don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt if they just sent a message that was misunderstood.

Thank you for your support in making our community the safest and most supportive community that we can.

Forest

Terminology:
    By "Personal Conversation" or "Personal Message," I mean messages that you can access via the "Inbox" link in the upper right hand corner of the screen. By "Report" link, I mean the little blue link below such messages.