1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Have you read your 12 daily reminders today?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Richsimm22. I watched and read and it's something we should look at every day
    to remind ourselves.

Richsimm22 likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this Richsimms22, thanks so much for posting it. AWESOME

Richsimm22 likes this.
  4. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

I'm currently trying to memorise them as not only do I want the information etched into my conscious, I also want it to be etched into the subconscious part of my brain. I'm slowly getting there. I can just about remember them if I think really hard but I want them to become second nature like remembering my name. I'm going to try and write them over and over. I think that will help.
    Once I have them I printed in my mind I can think about each one at any time.
    My brain WILL get the message. My mind is so full of western medical myths and garbage I need this new information to push the old stuff out the way :)

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love your style Richsimm22, very good way of learning how to think psychological.
    Always think of the emotions when you have pain right, and then you will
    eventually know which emotions are connected to the symptoms.
    Have a great weekend.
    Bless You

6. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Richsimm22, THANK YOU for post that! I took a screen shot of the 12 reminders and will print out a few copies to post around the house. Writing them out is a terrific idea too. The more senses (such as writing), we can include in learning something new, the better it sticks.

So, I'll be setting these to interpretive dance. Kidding! I'm just kidding!

Richsimm22 likes this.
  7. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I personally find the last of the 12 Key Thoughts to be the hardest and yet among the most important:

"I must think psychological at all times, not physical."

Surprising how often a physical, structural explanation keeps creeping into the back door of your mind, no matter how much you know better. I guess that just indicates how much TMS theory is counter-intuitive and runs against the mechanical engineering mind set that pervades modern medicine.

North Star and Richsimm22 like this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree, Bruce. Thinking symptoms are psychological and not physical can be the toughest one of the 12.
    Especially believing it 100 percent. But it's the key that unlocks the door on pain.

North Star and Richsimm22 like this.
  9. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Yeah, the psychological is tough. And for me, especially the rage thing. Much easier to think about a leg length discrepancy than face the pissed-off shadow lurking within.

Richsimm22 likes this.