1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9 Have you been critical of yourself lately?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 1daat, Mar 2, 2020.

1. 1daat

1daat New Member

Absolutely I have been, as I'm getting into this I'm realizing most of my time is spent being critical of myself. I think on day 7 or so it is an off day. I was critical of myself the entire day for not doing something to better my improvement, even though I know that that might be counter productive!

I tend to relive conversations also, did I say the right thing? I worry about other peoples thougths towards me entirely too much.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. glennherriott

glennherriott New Member

I'm the exact same. I'm constantly feeling like I should be doing something else. If I'm playing games, maybe I should instead be doing work to better my self etc. Hopefully the program will help us change this, I'm on day 17 now

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi daat and glennherriot,

I think the SEP will help you with this. The first step is awareness of the self-critical voices/energy inside. Then you can begin to take action, with some ideas from the SEP. The more we see, the more we naturally don't want to hurt ourselves. But the propensity is strong to self-reject, compare, worry about lovability. I particularly love Soul Without Shame by Brown for those TMS types who feel the pain of this "Inner Critic" voice.

Andy

4. 1daat

1daat New Member

Good luck and wish you much success

5. 1daat

1daat New Member

Thanks for the rec, today has been tough.