1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 have had enough

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DogPound 3, Jun 2, 2014.

1. DogPound 3

DogPound 3 New Member

I have been aware of tms and Dr Sarno's work for about 4 years. I have read a couple of his books and I firmly believe the pain is brain's way to deal anger and fear. However, despite believing this I have not been successful on my own in decreasing/eliminating my pain. I have not allowed the pain to interfere with my activity level but it greatly interferes with my sleep.
    The pain is almost constant in my left butt, hip, leg; so much so I envision taking a knie to my butt, calve and cutting the muscle out.
    So I have had enough and have determined that I need to complete this program in hopes of getting my sanity back.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

DogPound 3 Welcome aboard, No use in cutting the muscle out, the pain will just start up in another muscle. :) See you have to start by giving yourself, self compassion and love and brother cutting on yourself is just being too rough on yourself - right.
    I know you didn't mean that literally speaking, it was just a way to express how bad the pain is. I want to pass some knowledge onto you so you can start to feel better soon ok.
    1) Stop being so self conscious about all you do
    2) be patient and do the program 1 day at a time and ask a lot of questions.
    And for a great note to leave you with, You will heal for sure, it's a journey to your destiny.
    Bless You

PS - Don't forget the self compassion.

3. DogPound 3

DogPound 3 New Member

I hadn't thought about the pain showing up somewhere else! Better stick to this program. Thanks for the self compassion advice. I am pretty hard on myself. I look forward to the day when I don't worry about the pain.
    Thanks again!

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Dogpound 3, You have the power to not worry about it now, even though you have pain you don't have to worry with it. Giving up this worry and fear and focus toward the pain will go a long way in helping you become pain free, there is more to learn but this is a powerful tool that I'm telling you. I know you will have to become reconditioned by practicing not fearing or focusing on the pain but in time you will thank me.
    Bless you

5. DogPound 3

DogPound 3 New Member

Thank you. I do trust what you're saying about giving up the focus and worrying about the pain. I am committed to seeing this program through and as a result I will recondition myself.
    Thanks again