1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Have A Morning Pick Me Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, May 9, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Every morning I have a morning ritual that I go through. I will wake up at 5 am and as soon as I wake up I get my shoes on and go for a walk. This gets all my endorphins firing and clears my mind and body for a great day. It's the original morning coffee. This takes 20 minutes of my first Golden hour.
    I then spend the next 20 minutes looking at my daily plans or goals and at this time I let my day play out in my imagination -- how I am going to accomplish all of my daily projections, desires, hopes and needs cause that's what your doing at this time is opening up your day for creativity and vitality mixed with some great achievements whether huge or small.
    The next 20 minutes I will study my morning pick me up, The Bible and some Ted Talks. I might listen to some Dr. Sarno or a Great motivational teacher like Tony Robbins that will teach me a new lesson for the morning -- like how to get your day started with a ritual.
    See we stick to rituals, they are very easy to get used too and it makes us feel super knowing we have accomplished all of this in our first Golden hour of the day.
    So habits take 66 days to accomplish according to the newest studies. I am suggesting you make a habit of making this your best day ever. Each day we live is like a mini version of our life. We get those endorphins flowing that leads to energy and an open and clear mind. Then we go over our daily plans, seeing them playing out perfect in our imagination.
    And last but as important we study for the last twenty minutes on something that is going to be a life lesson for you, something you are excited about or in the process on accomplishing.
    When I started The healing process I had this protocol fixed to get up and walk outside and throw horseshoes for twenty minutes, then I would come in and read my daily to do list which usually consisted of all things tms. Then I would read Dr. Sarnos books and other tms healing books knowing in my heart that soon I would be free.
    This is your life, live it to the full.
    Bless You

nowtimecoach and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie, your morning pick-me-up is terrific.
    I hope everyone can do it, or something like it.

To get up at 5 am, when do you go to bed?
    What do you do in the hour or two before bedtime?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Gigalos, it's about staying with this 1 golden hour each day. If thats at anytime I believe we need to get in at least 20 minutes movement and then 20 minutes Going over our notes of hope and clarity, then 20 reading an inspiration note and then holding that thought till it becomes you, That is how it best works. On your own time frame.

Bless you

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Gigalos likes this.
  5. sewmuch

sewmuch Member

I have my own morning ritual, although it is not everyday. I have a little notebook where I have inspiring quotes I have collected and will usually pick a couple to read at random over my coffee, look out the window or step outside and connect with nature, and accept, be grateful and let the day unfold. Starting off like this versus a barrage of shoulds or bad news sets a much better tone for my whole day.

Ellen and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Sewmuch, you have a very good morning ritual. Reading inspiring quotes is great.

I connect with my darling dog Annie each morning and we just about have breakfast together.
    I thank the Lord each morning for all He's given me. I tell myself the day is going to be real good.

7. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

My routine is I open my eyes and look to my left where my little daughter is sleeping beside me, I give her kisses and go make my coffee. I take her to school and go for my hour walk to gather healing energy from nature or the universe. Then I will do some dr sarno reading and writing, do house chores and I'm ready to enjoy my daughter when she's off school for the rest of the day. We say our prayers at night and give thanks together. I try to fill my day with affirmations and listen to music that I enjoy.

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Alexandra. You have a very good daily routine. That hour walk sounds wonderful.

You're in the right spirit, with affirmations, music, and giving thanks to God.

9. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

Thank you Walt! I love how you reply and support everyone on this forum :) thank you as I'm sure you have been a tremendous help to many of us including myself.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Thanks, Alexandra. I don't know as much as Forest or Herbie or Bruce as others who give some long,
    technical advice, but I guess just my pep talks help, and urging everyone to really believe in TMS 100 percent.

I wish I had known about TMS forty or fifty years ago. I'd have avoided a lot of anxiety that causes pain.
    But since I learned about TMS two years ago I've been able to handle all stresses much better.

Have a happy weekend.

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

alexandra, isn't it so awesome to be able to wake up and give your daughter kisses, that has healing written all over it. :) I know of nothing better than love when it comes to healing. Its also awesome to feel the energy that morning walk stirs up in you. We so often don't think to do this special ingredient in our daily to do things.
    The way you enjoy the nature is inspiring, I love doing that also. I know all around me has vibrations of life just waiting for me to notice it and just say hi. Some folks look at me kind of weird sometimes but they are getting used to it I suppose. I will say hello to life and speak out loud my love for the earths energy that goes up through my feet, even with my shoes on. I will breathe the morning air and smile. I will thank the sunshine for its healing properties and so much more.
    I also enjoy the affirmations from day to day, I will repeat peace, love and joy till I begin to feel those emotions. I pay no attention to any structural thoughts and if doubt or fear tries to rear its head I will let it flow away. Your morning pick me up is awesome and Walt, yours is pretty cool too.
    Bless You

alexandra likes this.
  12. jazzhands

jazzhands Peer Supporter

I started doing this around December maybe, when I had discovered TMS. I was already meditating and exercising regularly but I was thinking about stresses in my life and I realized the first thing I do every day is log onto the computer, check my email and read the news and hey guess what causes tons of stress... So now I just grab some tea, go back to my room and meditate for 20 mins, then I work out, hit the shower and eat breakfast slowly and carefully before I do anything. Really sets the tone for the rest of the day.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ellen like this.
  13. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Jazzhands, that's a great way to start the day.
    I think we bring on a lot of stress if we start the day on the computer, checking email, reading the news or
    watching morning tv news. 20 minutes of meditation can be a great way to start a day.

Most people, unfortunately, have to hit the ground running when they get up. A fast wash-up, shave for men,
    a fast breakfast, and out the door. For those who have time, your way is great.

If a bus or train ride is needed to get to work, it would be great to use that time meditating
    or reading TMS-related books of the Bible. If a person drives to work, deep breathing and listening
    to soft, relaxing music can be good. There's a lot of relaxing music to listen to from YouTube.

14. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

I am just realizing that my morning coffee is way too strong as I feel my heart raising soon after. Ive starting doing half decaf and ease into my day instead of it being overwhelming due to my high caffeine intake! Lol I should listen to my mom when she warned me of caffeine not being good for stress, anxiety, tension etc... but it's sooooo Yumi! :)

15. Eric "Herbie" Watson

alexandra I too used to get shaky when I would drink coffee. Then I read a post from Balto about how when he thought about the coffee making him nervous and shaky, well then it did. It's an awesome post about how to conquer fear. Here is a cool post by him you might like, its not the one about coffee but I think you will get the point.
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/healed-for-10-years.3556/
    Now, after I started thinking "was it my fear of what the coffee will do" that was making me shake afterwards - hum
    So, I decided to give it a try, "not to think of the coffee giving me the shakes and not to fear the coffee. Now I drink it with no problem, and who would have thought -- :)

Here's another reply by Balto that will of great benefit to you,

Many people suffered from tms/anxiety for years and years because they couldn't accept Dr. Sarno and Dr. Weekes' teaching. Many, even after they found Sarno and Weekes, they still couldn't heal themselves.
    Dr. Weekes very clearly stated that Fear of your symptoms is what keep us sick with MBS. If you analyze Dr. Sarno's teaching, he pretty much say the same thing. He theorize that we unconsciously created symptoms to distract our mind from the pain that come from some strong, negative, and unconscious emotions. If you think about it, the symptoms can only distract you if it can hold your attention and your symptoms can only hold your attention if you fear it or worry about it. We human have a very high tolerance to pain. Most of the tms pain or discomfort don't bother us much, it is the fear of what could happen, the fear of the unknown, or the fear of some thing terrible will happen that can hold our attention. If somehow we can get rid of our fear of the symptoms, the symptoms loose it's power to hold our attention then it loose it's purpose, it will just cease to exist. If you can keep up the good work you have done: "NO FEAR", in time, all of you symptoms will disappear.

Dr. Weekes' thinking is a little different than Dr. Sarno. She didn't think anything happened years ago in our past can trigger symptoms in our body. She think stress, chronic stress or traumatic events is what trigger the symptoms, then our fear of the symptoms took over and keep the symptoms alive. I believe her and I cured myself of all MBS I ever had, and I had ton of them. If you love your body, if you confidence of your body and your mind, if your thoughts are more positive than negative... you can not get MBS.

we all don't like pain, but you have to realize the different between tms pain and normal physical injury pain. Broken leg, nasty cut, hit your head falling down the stair, dog bite, tooth cavity... real physical pain hurt but the different between them tms pain is they don't produce FEAR. They hurt, they bother us, the pain may be too intense to sleep, too painful to move... yet we don't fear them, because we know exactly what they are, what caused them, and they WILL heal.
    TMS pain caused fear. We don't exactly know what caused them, we have lots of doubt, we affraid the pain is a sign of something very wrong, we affraid it will turn into something worst, something permanent, something incurable... that fear of what is going to happen is what keep them alive.

Keep analyze the teaching of all these tms teachers and you will find the confidence to stop your fear. They pretty much preaching the same thing: "no fear", don't worry about our health, don't focus too much on ourselves, go out and get a life...

- "Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." Marie Curie.
    - "Fear cannot take what you do not give it." Christopher Coan.
    - "Fear is static that prevents me from hearing myself." Samuel Butler. (maybe he had tinnitus?)
    - "Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is." German Proverb.
    - "If a man harbors any sort of fear, it percolates through all thinking, damages his personality and makes him a landlord to a ghost." Lloyd Douglas.
    - "He who fears something gives it power over him." Moorish Proverb.
    - "He who fears to suffer, suffers from fear." French Proverb.

Exposure therapy is also very important. Keep doing what you fear. Do it longer and longer each day. Mentally prepare yourself before doing it. Tell your mind that you will feel pain or discomfort but that is OK, it shall past. Going through tunnels and high bridges trigger panic attack in me. I kept driving through them. I ask a trusted friend to go with me at first "just in case"... slowly and slowly the panic just leave me and now I actually enjoy going over high bridges and tunnels. Be persistent and PATIENCE. Never allow time to scare you back into sickness. It take a long time to think yourself sick, it will take sometime to think yourself well. We all heal at a difference pace.

The 10% you've talked about could all be "conditioning". The bridge and the tunnels are my "conditioning" trigger. Going to party, meeting someone I dislike, dark sky, coffee.... and many many more are my triggers. You have to figure out what is your trigger and deal with it. Deal with them compassionately, deal with them patiently, deal with them confidently,... no fear, no discourage, no hurry... and they will all pass.

balto, Jan 29, 2014

Last edited: May 19, 2014