1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone had this symptom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by DC123, Aug 27, 2016.

1. DC123

DC123 New Member

The origin of everything was low/mid back pain. Since accepting TMS I have seen my symptoms jump to my stomach, my feet, left knee, and now I had something random today. All the sudden my left calf went numb. For some reason this has freaked me out worse then any of the other symptoms (except for the original back pain). I want to know if anyone else has experienced this too. Hearing that may help me convince myself that it is tms and not a nerve problem. Thank you guys.

brendan537 likes this.
  2. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

I've had a weird numb feeling off and on in my left calf for years...TMS.

3. fibri

fibri New Member

I noticed the same thing in the last few days in my right calf. I put my hand on my leg and realised I couldn't really feel the touch of my hand on my leg. I feel it, but it's sort of muted, compared to the same spot on the other leg. As if I'm touching my leg through a thick cloth.
    TMS does the weirdest things....

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I have been experiencing the same feeling all over my body for 6 years along with burning pain

5. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Call it weird. After all the time it has been going on, I no longer call it weird - it is my daily life.

My middle fingers are numb, tingly, curled in but would not bend all the way into a fist or straighten out - all the time. Index fingers - same thing, but occasionally are numbness-free. Thumbs and ring fingers are mostly numbness-free, occasionally tingly, but often have a hard time bending or straightening out. Skin on my fingers feels to touch like there is sandpaper underneath it. Most of the time I feel severe tension and contraction in the palms of my hands, wrists and forearms. Every day the same symptoms may randomly show up in my feet, ankles, knees, neck, shoulders, back.

I had burning pain throughout my body for a few months which is now replaced with muscle and tendon tension and muscle and fascia pains that I have never experienced before. I often cannot even hold things in my hands because of this tension. Signing documents, let alone handwriting anything - is an embarrassing and stressful exercise. I am lucky, as I recovered ability to type and therefore still have my job and medical insurance, although by Friday evening my symptoms skyrocket because of work stress. I spend my weekends meditating and relaxing, only to find all the improvements I gain by Monday washed out in stress in couple days, despite daily meditation. Pain alone seems to be more manageable through Sarno techniques, but muscle tensions and numbness are more frightening.

Sorry to hear that you are stuck in this condition. Could it be that because so much time went on without much progress that the fear just would not go away? And fear is the worst enemy for a TMS-er.....

Best of luck...

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I have all of that and more ....so believe me I know where you are coming from ..i take one hour at a time at first I thought that was know way to live ...but I find it's the only way !!!..I have not any reduction in pain or symthoms for the last 6 years but I know I will get there...if I can say anything FEAR AND RESENTMENT towards your pain are your worse enemies ..