1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Has any one had muscles turn ice cold?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Aucklander, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Aucklander

Aucklander Peer Supporter

My lower back/hip is crooked to the right and I cannot stand up straight or walk normally. My lower back, but and thigh muscles are locked on and are ice cold. Although my pain has reduced to about 4/10 when I try to straighten up I can't hold it in place and the pain jumps to about a 7/10. My TMS routine involves journaling, mediation, exercise and reading. Any ideas?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Sarno says our pain can be hot or cold, it's all to keep us focused on learning what our repressed emotions are.
    You're doing the right things... journaling, meditation, exercise, and reading. Maybe you're spending too much time
    thinking/worrying about the pain. That could make you feel it more. Spend more time not thinking about any pain.
    Do whatever you like doing, to take your mind off of pain. Distract your pain.

Be careful not to overdo the exercise.
    Sarno says resume normal physical activity.
    By that he means walk, clean the house, work at the computer if that's what you do each day.

Your pain isn't up to 9 or 10, so you're getting it under control.

3. Aucklander

Aucklander Peer Supporter

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind moving forward. I think impatience is my biggest hurdle.