1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

HAPPY-HAPPY-JOY-JOY - A Song of Inspiration

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tigerlilly, Mar 18, 2014.

1. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Well known member

So I've had my moments of struggling recently - trying to overcome the FEAR of the pain and going backwards on the days I can't seem to get it under control. The pain is bad, yes, but the fear makes it so much worse. Since technically, a person can't experience happiness/joy and fear at the same time, here is my new song of inspiration to get me through the pain when I go on my mini-walks each day:

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/happy-happy-joy-joy.html

I like this line: "I don't think you're happy enough! That's right! I'll teach you to be happy!"

Corny? Absolutely. But let me just tell you how great it is to take each step singing the words "Happy. Happy. Joy. Joy. each time my foot hits the pavement. Picturing Ren and Stimpy's goofy faces and silliness keeps me distracted from the pain, and I figure that it is also reinforcing happy and joyful thoughts into my brain to retrain it at the same time! It's kind of an "in your face, give the finger" to the pain song!! I CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Msunn likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I like it, Tigerlilly. It's peppy and positive. I bet Smeagle likes it too.

You're right. It reinforces happy thoughts and that pushes out the painful and fear thoughts.

It's like musical affirmations.

Dancing to it is great exercise, too.

Msunn likes this.
  3. tigerlilly

Indeed, Walt - Smeagle just goes along with my crazy singing while we're going for our walk!

And if you can't dance but always wanted to know how:

0227abcb02184c26d9bb8ee9ee5e6120.jpg

nowtimecoach likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Cute and clever sign in the barbershop window.

5. tigerlilly

ha - I just watched the video again, and love the subtle (not-so-subtle) analogy showing how Ren puts a hammer to his brain several times. It reminds me of how sometimes we need to GET MAD AT OUR BRAINS and let it know who is boss!
    (Obviously I don't endorse actually using a hammer to hit ourselves in the head) <grin>

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I get mad at my brain sometimes. I did this morning, because of computer frustration.
    Then I reminded myself it's just more technological crap and laugh at it.
    But I usually have to be Donald Duck before I can calm down and be Mickey Mouse.